Toyota Nation Forum banner

Clunk from reverse to drive

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mountainman92325 
#1 ·
There is something i have noticed in the last 2 weeks of owning my truck. When I reverse, come to a complete stop, and go into drive, I can actually feel (a almost hear) a small clunk through the gas pedal.

It feels/sounds like it is coming from the front hubs, almost as if they were engaged and when I go into drive they become unlocked kinda feeling.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

#2 ·
Dcaplan said:
There is something i have noticed in the last 2 weeks of owning my truck. When I reverse, come to a complete stop, and go into drive, I can actually feel (a almost hear) a small clunk through the gas pedal.

It feels/sounds like it is coming from the front hubs, almost as if they were engaged and when I go into drive they become unlocked kinda feeling.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?
It's when you first start off right? If so it's normal. That small noise you feel and hear is actually the ABS system doing a self check. Check your manual I believe it actually mentions it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.