Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i did a serch and i'm not too sure on what busing too look at. well it has a sound like something is tumbling around in the trunk (notging is) so i was wondering could it be the strut mounts or some other bushing under the car. i cant get under there today since i have the engine jacked up while leting my urathane mounts dry. any help would be nice, oh and i still have stock struts in and i guess there starting to go, any ideas on new serviceable ones?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Broken Stabalizing bar. And check the busings for them 2. I had the same exact problem. Bushing fell out and then the bar broke. Everytime I would drive on uneven road I would hear this clunking noise like I was carrying wooden 2x4's in my trunk.

·
Damo
02 Corolla
37 Posts
i have had a similar problem when i bought my car(got it at an auction so couldnt drive it frist). one of my rear struts had faild so it made a clunk sound every now and then. i just replaced it and didnt have a problem anymore.

it may be something else, thats just my experence

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
What gen do you have chronoti? Thats an important bit of info to leave out.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol forgot my sig got suspened ... but gen 3.5, i'll try to get under the car tomorrow but i'm also getting my cv boots changed and the tranny flushed .... all the while being with my gf so i'll see how that works. but the thought of a broken stablizer or sway bar came across my mind ... then whiteline imediatly followed ... good excuse to get one now :D

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
i still have the problem on rougher roads, ive gotten my struts replaced about 15,000km ago and even check out my whiteline swaybar for any damage, nothing. it seems its a common problem! be interested to see what is wrong with yours...

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
It could be your rear struts. I just drove my Camry to Georgia last week and when I got there, my rear struts were pouring oil out. On the way back, everytime I drove over bumpy road it felt like my Camry was gonna do a back flip. I noticed loud clonking noises from the back previous but I thought the jack was loose or something.... Im gonna get mine fixed later this year since Im not renewing my insurance on Friday so my Camry is gonna take a rest until November.... One plus about the trip was my Camry broke 224,000 miles without a sweat :cool:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
check to see if the nuts on that hold the struts in place are loose.....

after I had an encounter w/ an island w/ my car, my rear struts started making noise, and when I checked, I was able to turn some of the nuts by hand :eek:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd check all of your suspension bolts, and especially your end links. When my end links were loose they made noises similar to what you're describing...

HTH -

DJ

·
edud NT laiciffO
161 Posts
Yes, it seems everyone is mentioning everything except the end links. Take a look at that also. My problem was the end links, but I got a deal on the whiteline and I ended up replacing my whole bar and end links. No more clunking noise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts