Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2016 Corolla and yesterday I went down a gravel road and hit a couple potholes. Well today I noticed that SOMETIMES at low speed it makes a clunking noise from the passenger front when I drive straight on a road with small bumps or turning but it only happens sometimes. I took a picture of the shock or whatever it is because I feel like it shouldn’t look like that lol. I checked everything else and everything looked secured. I just want to get an idea before I take it in or have my friend who is a mechanic work on it

·
イリジウム
14,418 Posts
Visually it looks ok, and the wetness is just rain, right?

Is the noise more from the bottom, or from the top in the strut mount area?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I can’t really hear it unless I’m driving slow and it’s tough to pinpoint if it’s upper or lower, I want to say lower but I’m not 100% sure. When it does it it literally sounds like a rock is rolling around down there.

And yes, it’s been raining for the last 5 days here lol.

I got a picture of the lower part right as I got home, it’s wet from the rain. I didn’t notice anything.

·
Registered
2012 Corolla CE
1,222 Posts
.The right stabilizer end link is getting bad according to your symptoms. Ask your friend to check for play.

·
Registered
692 Posts
the control arm where it mounts to the vehicle, look closely and see if a piece of gravel is stuck there and the noise may be because of it. had that happen on a car of mine and finally found it, got it out and the noise stopped. just guessing here because all the parts in the pictures look perfectly fine. but you can't see where it attaches to the car. front and back bushing area on the lower control arm.

·
イリジウム
14,418 Posts
Yes, maybe a rock got caught in there from hitting the pothole, maybe rolling around in the plastic bumper cover?

The pictures look ok, with what looks like a little seepage at the lower ball joint boot. Also maybe a curious squirt of grease on the wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the control arm where it mounts to the vehicle, look closely and see if a piece of gravel is stuck there and the noise may be because of it. had that happen on a car of mine and finally found it, got it out and the noise stopped. just guessing here because all the parts in the pictures look perfectly fine. but you can't see where it attaches to the car. front and back bushing area on the lower control arm.
knock on wood but I’m wondering if that’s what it was, I haven’t heard a noise since yes
Yes, maybe a rock got caught in there from hitting the pothole, maybe rolling around in the plastic bumper cover?

The pictures look ok, with what looks like a little seepage at the lower ball joint boot. Also maybe a curious squirt of grease on the wheel.
knock on wood but I haven’t heard anything since yesterday and I’ve been driving quite a bit so I’m guessing that’s what happened, it’s my friend’s gravel road and it had been raining, that day I had to go up and down it twice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts