Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new guy here. I own a 1990 V6 4X4 manual 5 speed. Wife has a 2000. We love our 4 runners they've given us tremendous trouble free reliability. Basic maintenance for over 300,000 miles combined.

A few weeks ago my clutch pedal starting hitting the floor so I figured it's due for a clutch. Did what any self servicing guy would do, bought new Aisin clutch kit, tranny mount, new slave & master cylinder. Got everything going and within a few days same symptoms again. I took it to our mechanic to have the air bled out of the master/slave line.

Well, he calls me into the shop and says your clutch bracket is cracked, sure enough upper left corner is bigtime split.

I got her home and wrenched out the bracket & pedal assembly today. I have a welder and I'm self taught and I'm pretty sure I can fix this and reinforce it, reinstall myself.

I did some searching and found the part online for $200, says genuine Toyota. Does anyone know if this bracket was revised and strengthened in that weak area ?

Thanks Much,

·
Soylent Green sales
12,801 Posts
That's a fairly common problem, and i can't remember if they came out with an improved one or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I couldn't tell by the picture if it was or not. Description only says oem. I welded mine up and reinforced it in the weaker looking areas and reinstalled today, everything back to normal and I doubt we'll have any more problems with it.

I didn't know it was common, nothing showed up when I searched clutch problems.

Looking forward to trails ahead. Thanks man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts