Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is there any where that you can addjust the clutch pedal so that there is none to little play in the pedal before you hit the disengaging point. then for the 30k miles service, is the tranny, transfer and both differerntials required. cant find what to do for th 30k miles service. can anyone put up something thats tells what to do. or is it to just change engine oil/filter and air filter and grease everything. its a 4cly stick shift truck. i have not found a direct answer on the 30k service

·
Registered
2005 access 2wd
291 Posts
I traded in my 1996 stick shift Tacoma with 153k miles and had just changed the transmission and differential fluid. Have changed it twice on our 1983 Benz with stick shift in both transmission (uses ATF in stick shift) and differential and with 212k miles. So far, have never changed the transaxle fluid (ATF) in my 1997 VW Cabrio with 101k miles on it. I only changed the fluid in the Benz's trans and diff when the seals started slinging fluid a tiny bit. Changing stopped the slinging. This was at around 140k miles. One swing axle constant velocity joint broke its rubber seal on the Benz. Changed out the 3 seals on the diffential on it then, at around 210k miles.

There's nothing to be greased that I know of.

·
Registered
2005 access 2wd
291 Posts
Oh, bet there's no clutch pedal adjustment. I NEVER adjusted the clutch on the 1996 Tacoma nor on the 1983 Benz nor on my 1997 VW Cabrio. These all had/have the original clutches. Last clutch I replaced was on a 1955 Fiat 1100 that I let a friend use while we were overseas. He wasn't too good with clutches. Lousy drivers can ruin clutches in about 10k miles. Clutches with good drivers ought to last until engine overhaul or rebuild, probably around 300k miles or so.

·
ASE Master Tech
08 Taco 4x4
193 Posts
is there any where that you can addjust the clutch pedal so that there is none to little play in the pedal before you hit the disengaging point. then for the 30k miles service, is the tranny, transfer and both differerntials required. cant find what to do for th 30k miles service. can anyone put up something thats tells what to do. or is it to just change engine oil/filter and air filter and grease everything. its a 4cly stick shift truck. i have not found a direct answer on the 30k service
Yes but you have to adjust up at the top of the pedal where the pushrod from the clutch master connects to the pedal arm.

None of those are required or recommended so LOF (oil change for those who dont know), Air filter, and rotate. It's in your manual.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Your Passport Maintenance Guide is full of direct answers, if you didn't get one with your vehicle and aren't towing 120K is fine with your tranny and rear end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts