Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right.... my clutch on my '82 Supra took a shit like I said in the Supra forum. I need to get back to Tehachapi from Ventura.... thats 2hrs of driving.... mostly freeways. I have this horrible feeling that I am not gonna make it.

Now... whats happening... is the clutch pedal is now practically stuck to the floor..... and it doens't engage intil it is pretty much on the floor.

Anyone have a trick or idea whats up so I can make it back to home #2 and get my MR2? I'm not sure if its the clutch (almost positive)... or just the mas. cylinder... dunno. Any help would be bitchin... thanks ;)

·
Registered
Celica
49 Posts
My first car's clutch wouldn't engage at all the first day i drove it. bled the clutch and never had another problem, but that was just cause the master had just been changed and there was still air in the lines. Sorry, not much help, but thats the only experience I've had to deal with. Hope it's an easy fix, good luck.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Or it could also be the slave cilinder. Check the carpet inside where the clutch pushrod goes thru the firewall to main cilinder, if its wet or moist then it's your master cilinder that needs service.
If not then check the slave ciinder thats located close to the starter (in most Toyotas) if it's leaking then it should bet wet or moist but beware, sitting so close to the manifold/downpipe makes it look as if it where dry. This part can also be serviced, no need to replaced.

If you need to get home then keep a bottle of brake fluid handy, take the highway avoiding traffic and try not to use the clutch as much as you can, on older cars or cars with a used up gearbox is possible to disengage the gears without using the clutch and without crunching.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slave cyl. was okay.... master cyl was out!! Damnit! Got it all fixed up... I should be home with no problems. And dear god... the clutch now feels so beautiful... like when I first got the car. :loove:

Makes me want to start up project 7mgte again :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts