Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....so i was driving to work, and all of a sudden its like really hard for me to get the car into any gear. i think wierd. on the way home i just dont use the clutch to shift after i get going. no big deal. later that day i hop in the celica to go to the store, and wtf, the clutch isnt releasing at all. well crap. i get a friend to push the clutch in for me. its got the oddest twang sound coming from the clutch. i figure the pressure plate must be fucked. no big deal.

today i took everything apart. one of the rubber bushings in the clutch hub broke and the pieces got hung in the pressure plate keeping it from releasing. then i look at the flywheel. crap!! the freakin flywheel is all cracked on the surface. so i gotta get the flywheel resurfaced. what a nightmare.

i really think it would be easier to just pulled the whole engine

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah, the urathane bushings in the clutch hub were worn out. they had 225000 miles on it. one of the bushings broke and wedged the pressure plate enguaged. it didnt slip at all. and the clutch disk itsself looked fine for the miliage. it was just really tired

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check for leaks in the system, if its not that, make sure your return spring is in good repair on the pedal its self

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what mine was doing. the pedal felt fine...i just couldnt shift to save my life of course, the car was creeping when i had the clutch in, and the car learched when i tried to start it too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.