Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, sometimes when starting in first gear i will get this faint shudder, until the clutch is fully engaged. doesnt do it in any other gear, is this the clutch "slipping"?

·
Registered
96 Camry coupe
180 Posts
I just got a 96 camry and had the clutch replaced, and I'm getting the similar shutter, more so in first gear, but other gears have some too. In my case, if I put my hand on the shifter, I can feel it bunces up and down (mostly in first). I think it's the engine mount going out, too much drive train movement. Do you feel that on your pedal only? or through out the whole car? and No, it's not slipping. Go 2K rpm in 4th gear, push your gas all the way in, if you don't see the tachometer shoot up without increase in speed, your clutch is not slipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only feel the shutter not in the clutch but throughout the whole car. Does your car in first gear, like to buck a little bit? mine does and i was told that its the engine mounts. and this is an 86 camry. i dont have a tach on it, but i know what your talkin about.

·
Registered
camry
182 Posts
What this is in my 96 manual is the rpm dropping almost to the point of stalling. In that case, you might want to rev more when you release the clutch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, this bucking thing does it at any rpm when starting in first. mostly just first gear and a little bit in second. and say im in third gear and let off the gas, it will jerk a couple hard jerks then its fine. its weird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts