Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN 83 TERCEL SR5 4WD WAGON. MY HUSBAND WAS BACKING A SMALL TRAILER INTO A BACKYARD, USED 4WD, THEN IT DOESN'T WANT TO GO INTO REGULAR GEARS, ANY OF THEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IT COULD BE? THE CLUTCH WAS FINE BEFORE THIS. ITS A 5 SP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CLUTCH

THATS JUST IT, HE'S NOT SURE. HE JUST LEFT TO TRY AND FIND THE MANUAL FOR IT.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
will the shifter not move or just the car won't move?

and would you mind turning off the caps lock.... thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CLUTCH

The car moves, the gears don't. Won't go in any gear, it's like its been crazy glued.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
scratch that if you read it, didn't realise your engine is inline, hehe
I don't really know anything about that tranny setup, so I'm going to have to leave this for someone knowledgeable in that setup.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
I had the local toyota dealer send me a fax on it, looking it over really well, it appears to me that the transfer case does have a neutral position. Are the shifters jammed in place or will they move around?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CLUTCH

Good afternoon. I've finally found someone with knowledge and giving me some possible solutions, before getting a used tranny from Pick-N-Pull, for $100.00. Before my hubby took apart the gearshift, and bottom plate to ?, it would not go into gear, like someone was on other side pushing against you. He was in 4 wd when it happened. Our car is parked in my daughters backyard in Fairfield,ca. We live in Antioch,ca. About 45 miles, John's been working on it since Saturday, gets off work, then drives up there. Also, on that paper you got from Toyota, does it have the type of tranny we have. I believe it starts with the letter Z-Series. Your help is greatly appreceiated, thankyou very much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts