Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just rebuilt my 89 22re, new head, cran cam, pasesetter header, kn air filter,bored 20 over with new plugs and wires.... when i fired the motor all was well, after 20-30 miles the check engine light came on.... i got 3 codes 51, 25, 26. i know what they are but what do the mean together. thought i would ask before i started throwing money at new sensors. thanks for any help

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i have a 51 that wont go away on my 94 22re also been a headache but i believe its mostly the exhaust system most likely you should check the o2 sensor and egr valve. a leak in the egr system could be the cause as well as a crossed or leaking vaccum line. the vsv switches can clog up as well as the egr modulator. ive been told by a toyota guru that i may need a new coolant temp sensor. i thought i replaced it but it was the one on top which is actually the sending unit. the coolant temp sensor is on the front of the intake manifold and costs alot more. i have just been driving it the way it is and i have had no problems as its emission stuff that we dont need in florida. i do have a miss in the engine at about 2200 rpm and up but its not a bad miss more like an exhaust leak type of miss. let me know what turn up and if i figure it out first ill do the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.