Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Corolla SE has 73296 miles and suddenly displayed Engine Maintenance Required message 1500 miles after last oil change. The dealer clear the code p2688115 but it came back few minutes later. Did someone experienced it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
P2688 is Fuel Supply Heater Control Circuit Low? OBDII codes are usually letter "P" or "U" and 4 numbers or letters, what's the 115?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P2688 is Fuel Supply Heater Control Circuit Low? OBDII codes are usually letter "P" or "U" and 4 numbers or letters, what's the 115?
The dealer checked the connection for water bypass valve and looked secure. Active tested and showing open and close reacted when commend and meets target. They couldn't find the answer for the code.

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,637 Posts
P268115

-Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Circuit Short to Battery or Open

"If you get a customer concern that the maintenance light wont reset, please check the message on the cluster again to make sure it reads "Engine Maintenance Required". If that is the case, please pull codes and if you see code P268115 Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Circuit Short to Battery or Open, check the coolant bypass valve for coolant inside the connector. This code may not cause the check engine light to turn on.

Please make sure you get a new hose as well as a new valve, as the old hose can be a real pain to get off and may be damaged in the process."

(2020 RAV4 with 2.5 Dynamic Force engine)

2020 Toyota Rav4 Maintenance Light will not Reset | TOYO Headquarters

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla SE CVT
133 Posts
P268115

"If you get a customer concern that the maintenance light wont reset, please check the message on the cluster again to make sure it reads "Engine Maintenance Required". If that is the case, please pull codes and if you see code P268115 Engine Coolant Bypass Valve Circuit Short to Battery or Open, check the coolant bypass valve for coolant inside the connector. This code may not cause the check engine light to turn on.

Please make sure you get a new hose as well as a new valve, as the old hose can be a real pain to get off and may be damaged in the process."

View attachment 330831
is this in the back of the engine or towards radiator?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Sounds good.
Recently got my car from collision shop, car intermittently is throwing that code. Was gonna test heat on the way to work today but it didn’t throw the code. Lol
Was the radiator replaced or coolant drained? If yes, it is possible that there is still air in the system...

·
Registered
2019 Corolla Hatchback SE - CVT
265 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla SE CVT
133 Posts
Also, starting the car with the AC off doesn’t trigger the message until turning on the AC. Turning on the heat does not trigger it.

Off topic, I'm sorry, but do you have blue lighting inside the car? your display looks so bright!
I do! Only the center dome light is blue. The front map lights are Super White LED

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 Corolla SE has 73296 miles and suddenly displayed Engine Maintenance Required message 1500 miles after last oil change. The dealer clear the code p2688115 but it came back few minutes later. Did someone experienced it?

So my Toyota corolla Se 2020 (leased for near 2 years) just got this message, and the battery died so I took it in and paid for a new battery... they first said nothing was wrong then held the car for 10 days and then said it was the bypass coolant valve, $572ish to get it changed, I drove off home, my brother sent me this post while I was there, I mentioned it to them and they said they cant do anything and it needs to be changed... not sure how everyone else dealt with this

·
Registered
2 Posts
So my Toyota corolla Se 2020 (leased for near 2 years) just got this message, and the battery died so I took it in and paid for a new battery... they first said nothing was wrong then held the car for 10 days and then said it was the bypass coolant valve, $572ish to get it changed, I drove off home, my brother sent me this post while I was there, I mentioned it to them and they said they cant do anything and it needs to be changed... not sure how everyone else dealt with this

OH and my car has 44K on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 2020 Toyota Corolla SE. I have 88,000 miles because I drive for Uber and Lyft. Anyways it was this same coolant bypass valve that cracked and started leaking on mine too and shorted out the part where the harness plugs in.
The dealer wanted $600 to replace it but I just bought the part for $125 and did it myself. Took about one hour not a big deal. I also spent $25 on a gallon of Toyota red coolant as well. You lose a little bit when changing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
P268115

View attachment 330831
I have the same problem with my Toyota Camry 2018 and it has even started over heating. I’m in Ghana and parts here are difficult to find. Please who can assist with parts and ship to Ghana 🇬🇭.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have the same problem with my Toyota Camry 2018 and it has even started over heating. I’m in Ghana and parts here are difficult to find. Please who can assist with parts and ship to Ghana 🇬🇭.
Is this what you need? They ship WW:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts