Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2004 camry xle
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 4cyln and i just want to hear from everyones feed back that has/had coilovers in a gen 5 befoe i buy mine, im interested in buying d2 racing coilovers for $926, so if anyone any other site i could get it cheaper please let me know, i want to buy coilovers within the next 2 weeks, thank you.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I used to have Ksport coilover, I Love the way it feel and how low I can set it. I sold it because I am planning to past the car down to my sister and had a new born. Wish i never sold it.

You can try to contact the coilover company directly and ask them if they have any overstock one or open box.

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
ksport used to have some openbox coils on ebay for super cheap, may want to check that.

that being said, i have d2s and i like them. they're stiff, but nothing too bad at all.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
if u can afford it go bc racing. fav set of coils for gen5

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
if u can afford it go bc racing. fav set of coils for gen5
indeed good sir, i would already have a set if i hadn't come to pharmacy school, that and the fact that i've driven my camry to work once in like a month.

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
d2, ksport, megan, are all basically the same. bc is a little better from what i have heard in terms of build quality, finish, and ride. but i have no experience with them.

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
I might be able to get you into the group buy I participated in on Club Lexus for BC Racing coils. I can get you his contact information if you want. Just let me know

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
k sports i hear don't last long. d2 are a bit stiffer from what i hear. megan racing is what alot of us gen6 guys have and love em. although im looking for more low up front so might go bc racing.

·
Registered
2004 camry xle
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOOD news, just ordered my bc coilovers thanks to isaac. :chug:
BAD news, i have to wait 2 weeks to get them :disappoin
cant wait for them to arived and put them on, i want to drop the whip.:)

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
GOOD news, just ordered my bc coilovers thanks to isaac. :chug:
BAD news, i have to wait 2 weeks to get them :disappoin
cant wait for them to arived and put them on, i want to drop the whip.:)
Good luck with them. Hopefully you aren't limited on the drop as I was. I wanted to tuck 1in of my tire but had to go with .5in. The speedbumps outside of the shop were limiting my movement at .5in tuck and I wanted to go home instead of leaving my car parked on the lot since it wouldn't have been able to exit at 1in tuck :lol:

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
Good luck with them. Hopefully you aren't limited on the drop as I was. I wanted to tuck 1in of my tire but had to go with .5in. The speedbumps outside of the shop were limiting my movement at .5in tuck and I wanted to go home instead of leaving my car parked on the lot since it wouldn't have been able to exit at 1in tuck :lol:
then you weren't limited on drop, you just picked a shop with speedbumps outside.

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
Most of the shops around me have speedbumps or pretty nasty dip to get out. I'm not the type to drive more than 15 miles just to drop my car and find out I can't get up my driveway, which was almost the case when I came home after doing the initial tuck...

·
68 Posts
I just bought and installed bc coilovers about two weeks ago and recommend them 100 percent. The only regret I have is not getting them sooner. boost and destroy had them for cheap about 875 shipped with extenders after discount. However in my case he was taking to long to reply and I had to get them so I bought them for 950 shipped with extenders from Enjuku Racing. Took about just a little over a week to get here, it got shipped directly from the manufacturer to me since they didn't have in stock it was pretty quick. Before that I had lowering springs and it has maintained its ride quality compared to them, the only difference is that I can control camber in front, dampening and go really low!:D This thursday I'll get together with pawell and midnightasian and let them try it out.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts