• No

Votes: 20 60.6%
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cutipie asked me to delete her old thread and add a poll for her...

Hi everyone,

So I'm a girl (most of you know that) and I've kind of been going back and forth about putting an intake on my 'rolla.

My boyfriend has one on his Civic and it sounds awesome, not to mention it also gives him better gas mileage.

My question for all of you is, is there anyone who's put one on there 'rolla yet? If so, what one (brand), if your from the GTA (or even Canada), where did you get it and how much (about) was it?

Do you truly get better gas mileage?

Has it caused any problems (made the check engine light come on)?

Does anyone know how much and what it voids as part of the warranty?

Thanks in advance!

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
Cutipie asked me to delete her old thread and add a poll for her...

Hi everyone,

So I'm a girl (most of you know that) and I've kind of been going back and forth about putting an intake on my 'rolla.

My boyfriend has one on his Civic and it sounds awesome, not to mention it also gives him better gas mileage.

My question for all of you is, is there anyone who's put one on there 'rolla yet? If so, what one (brand), if your from the GTA (or even Canada), where did you get it and how much (about) was it?

Do you truly get better gas mileage?

Has it caused any problems (made the check engine light come on)?

Does anyone know how much and what it voids as part of the warranty?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
Weapon R made a Short Ram intake for the 09 rolla with the 1.8L engine. You can order it from its official website or from www.racinglab.com (cheaper and free ram air kit and cleaning kit). It has been proven by dyno by a member on the forum, 5 hps and 5lbs torque gain with it. Will it be noticeable? Hard to say, I had AEM CAI on my previous mazda, I installed it mainly for the noise it made, performance wise, not really a big gain. But as a N/A car, the number it made is pretty good. I would say for the noise and performance & the look under your hood, $200 is worth if you have some spare money to spend.

Remember this is not a full CAI, it is a short ram intake, filter stays in the engine bay. But with the bonus ram air kit, you can hook up a ram tube to the wheel well or behind the bumper to get extra colder and denser air.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a waste of money in my opinion for a "wooshing" sound....you don't and won't feel the HP gains, and a K&N drop in will get you as good or better gas mileage....

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
Weapon R made a Short Ram intake for the 09 rolla with the 1.8L engine. You can order it from its official website or from www.racinglab.com (cheaper and free ram air kit and cleaning kit). It has been proven by dyno by a member on the forum, 5 hps and 5lbs torque gain with it. Will it be noticeable? Hard to say, I had AEM CAI on my previous mazda, I installed it mainly for the noise it made, performance wise, not really a big gain. But as a N/A car, the number it made is pretty good. I would say for the noise and performance & the look under your hood, $200 is worth if you have some spare money to spend.

Remember this is not a full CAI, it is a short ram intake, filter stays in the engine bay. But with the bonus ram air kit, you can hook up a ram tube to the wheel well or behind the bumper to get extra colder and denser air.

Thanks for the info!!!

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
It's a waste of money in my opinion for a "wooshing" sound....you don't and won't feel the HP gains, and a K&N drop in will get you as good or better gas mileage....
ok... and for me (and the rest of the people here who don't know, who probably are few) can you explain what that is lol... i'm car stupid remember lol

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is an air filter (using it as an example..just happens to be K&N)

It replaces your stock air filter that needs to be replaced.

The K&N is reusable, you need to buy the cleaning kit. You do it once a year or every 30,000km's depending on your driving conditions.

It's always way cheaper than a CAI or SRI. You just don't get the "woooshing" sound..which honestly..is just dumb to spend 200+ for.

You'll get the same if not better gas mileage as the CAI or SRI...

here is a CAI

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
This is an air filter (using it as an example..just happens to be K&N)

It replaces your stock air filter that needs to be replaced.

The K&N is reusable, you need to buy the cleaning kit. You do it once a year or every 30,000km's depending on your driving conditions.

It's always way cheaper than a CAI or SRI. You just don't get the "woooshing" sound..which honestly..is just dumb to spend 200+ for.

You'll get the same if not better gas mileage as the CAI or SRI...

here is a CAI

I think I understand now...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
5hp gain is not worth it for $200. but if you have spare money why not. if i am not mistaken imEric had to take out his intake because his gas consumption increased. you can ask him by sending him a private message.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
I'm for this, really.

Although, wanting to build my own intake makes me a hypocrite I think.

If you want an intake for the sound and somehow better fuel economy (still confused as to how a mod that flows more air into your engine which causes more fuel to be injected equals better fuel efficiency) get the drop-in. If you want it for the performance gain, get it.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts