Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What C.A.R.B. compliant cold air intake systems are available for my 2016 Tacoma 3.5L V6 . . . ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sdspeed, thank you for response. However, as you can see in the attached screenshot, the item, like DOZENS of other cold air intakes cannot be delivered to my location. Namely, California . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,702 Posts
I've experienced that crap too being in SoCal. If your anywhere close to a state line make a weekend run over and buy what ever one you want. Being a 2016 you ddon't have to go get it smogged for another 4 years. Plus there so easy to install or remove it wouldn't really matter. Hell, I had an extra motor for my Corvette and would put it back in the car the weekend before I went to get my smog and run it until my tags showed up. Then that weekend put my performance motor back in. Smog motor back onto the engine stand for the next 2 years :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, funny thing is I purchased a 2003 Ford Ranger from a Ford dealer in Norco in 2006 with a K & N cold air intake system already installed. Prolly the laws have become more restrictive since then . . . ?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
TRD makes one.

Time to rebel and use whatever you want and swap as needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've experienced that crap too being in SoCal. If your anywhere close to a state line make a weekend run over and buy what ever one you want. Being a 2016 you ddon't have to go get it smogged for another 4 years. Plus there so easy to install or remove it wouldn't really matter. Hell, I had an extra motor for my Corvette and would put it back in the car the weekend before I went to get my smog and run it until my tags showed up. Then that weekend put my performance motor back in. Smog motor back onto the engine stand for the next 2 years :)
Well, I bit the bullet, ordered one for in-store pickup in Yuma, Arizona.
However, I received an email from O'Reilly with the following message:
"

Dear Valued Customer,​
To provide you with the best quality service, additional action is required for your O'Reilly Auto Parts Order # K8258371R74190 placed on December 29, 2019.​
Due to the nature of this order, our system requires that we perform verification for the cardholders protection. Until verified, your order cannot be completed"

Wish me luck. ..​

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,702 Posts
Well, the card would show a CA. address but who says you can't buy a Cold Air Intake for a friend's truck in Yuma :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
The stock air intake uses the same filter as the 5.7 l V8, and the intake is in the passenger side wheel well. I doubt than an aftermarket CAI will improve on that. Is there something I am missing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts