Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
T-100
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My '96 T100 has 207,000 mi on it and served very well over the years. Lately I have been noticing some very rough running on cold starts. Admitidly I live in Wisconsin and it has been pretty cold as of late, but this is the first time I've ever had a problem. I put new plugs and wires on, new fuel filter, new exhaust last fall. When I start it up it almost acts as though it's missing....runs kind of rough, after about 2-3 min she purrs like a kitten no problem. Something else I've noticed is my milage has really went in the tank 15-16 mpg. Could the two issues be related? Any advice?? Does anyone know anything about the O2 sensor(s)? I've never replaced them as long as I've owned the truck. Could this be the problem? Any way to test ?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,248 Posts
When was the last time you got yer injectors cleaned? Including the cold start injector? ;)

How about a tuneup? How are yer spark plug wires doing? ;)

·
Registered
T-100
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only had the truck for the last 40k mi but the previous owner kept detailed records and the last major tune was done at 155k. Plug wires are brand new last fall. I cannot find any specific mention of injector cleaning. How complicated is that? How often?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,248 Posts
Git some injector/gas cleaner and put that in yer tank. It might take awhile before you might notice a change.

I usually put some injector cleaner in about ever 6 mos...it's only a couple of bucks fer the stuff so it's not a big deal. ;)

You can use the STP, Gunk, or other brands that are out there... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts