Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sizemore
93 yota
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Toyota PU, just recently bought and supposedly had a rebuilt motor in it, It wouldn't start if it below 45 or 50 deg. It will turn over and crank. but wouldnt start, but if its above 50 deg, its will start on the first crank, where should I start

·
Benwill1
80's toys
125 Posts
In understand the v-6 also has a cold start injector. The is some kind of temp sensor for it. Sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
4X4
130 Posts
I agree with the cold start injector. Could be the sensor, but most likely the injector is clogged with carbon buildup. You could pull it and take a look. You may be able to clean up enough with some carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner.

·
Registered
4X4
130 Posts
Well, it's only one injector. The cold start injector.

It should be on the drivers side of the motor above the second plug.

A Haynes or Chilton manual is a useful tool to have. Pick one up.

Once you pull it, you'll see. Prolly will have carbon buildup around the nozzle. Spray some carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner on the carbon. Let dissolve. Wipe it off. May need to use a needle, paper clip, etc.... to poke inside the injector hole.

When you get hooked back up, but before you put it back in the motor, you could have someone turn the key and see if it sprays fuel. Be careful.

A new one will be around the hundred dollar bill mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts