Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving last night ... got on the highway ... car is in 4th gear .. .and i noticed it wanted to pull while i was off the gass ... i put it in neutral the fawker revs to 5,000+ ... turn off the motor pull over ... check the vaccum lines, check the TB ... everytihng seems fine ...

car idled at 3k ... and got back on, had to shift quick between gears so it would not over rev, drove it like that home, turned it off at stop lights ... etc

what can it cause this ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i drove the car .... like that for a while ... than it was ok after ....

WTF

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
the other day it was like -20 w/ windchill at night
and i started my car
it idled at 1900rpm for a minute then it went down after
i was kinda freaked..
the most ive seen it idle before was at 1500 then slow drop down to regular

its b/c the cold isnt it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just started having a similar problem - i have an automatic though (1991 sr5) it will start out its idle at about 1500-1900 and it will drop within 1 minute to roughly 1000 or so BUT i noticed yesterday that when im driving on the highway (which i do alot due to work) ill pop overdrive on to throw it into a lower RPM and it wont kick on. i was running about 70 mph and i looked up and saw it was at 5000 RPM and freaked out about it. It seems like my overdrive isnt working anymore...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i drove the car for aabout 30km, took a 30min brake and went on the highway again and it happend on the highway ... not on a cold start.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
could something be freezing open, throttle butterfly??? other wise you have a massive vacuum leak coming from somewhere... probably related to the throttle body... like everyone else is saying idle air control valve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.