Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2014 tC in November 2014. By the time the temperature had dropped below freezing a noise started happening when I was stopped at a red light idling.

The issue happens when:

- When the undercarriage is dirtier, and the weather is below freezing
- The car is idling in drive with the foot on the break to prevent forward or reverse movement
- Air circulation / vents turned on and thermostat is on defrost #2 or above
- Car has been driven for longer than 10 minutes for the sound to emerge (park indoors in a heated parking garage)
- Once the rattling starts, turning off the Defrost doesn't stop the rattling

The issue stops when:

- The car is no longer in drive or reverse (IE neutral)
- The car is in neutral sound goes away immediately
- Use to go away when the car was freshly washed, now it occurs once the temperature is below freezing even when the undercarriage isn't dirty (I don't know why that made a difference in the first place, but it carried some significance last winter and this winter - dirty = sound)

At my 1,500 km check in at the dealership they couldn't figure out where the sounds was coming from. I brought it in today after 35,000 km of driving because the sound is more intense with rattling / vibration, unfortunately I recently washed it - and the weather is just above freezing. So no sound, meant it couldn't be diagnosed yet.

Any suggestions from on what can cause this? Or if anyone else had this issue and it was corrected.

·
2,654 Posts
Is the noise coming from inside the car or outside the car?

How many total miles/km are on the car?

Where is the car located? I'm guessing you're in Canada, speaking of km instead of miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
35,000km currently on vehicle.

Purchased brand new with little to no mileage prior to me driving it off the lot.

I live in Canada.

The noise is coming from outside of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60,000km or 5 years, whichever comes first.

They have been working on it under warranty.
And since the issue has been there since new, the dealership indicated they will honor the warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts