Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little FYI if you haven't checked your tire pressure in a while. Cold weather can make your psi drop more quickly than usual. Check your tire pressure often. I check mine about every 2 weeks.

This week I was noticing some vibration around 80 mph. So today I checked my psi and it was about 3 lbs low on all 4 tires. I filled em up, and then took the truck for a drive and the vibration was gone. Smooth as glass. The truck also handled better too. :thumbup:

I run my front tires at 34.5 psi. The rears are 33.5 psi. Your particular tires may vary.

If you have some vibration then you might want to try adding a couple psi and see if it helps any. Check your tire pressure today if you haven't done it in a while. ;)

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Yeah, the BFG's are really picky, too. 35psi and up and they lose a lot of vibration but ride really harsh, 32 and below they want to vibrate but the ride is much better. Keeping them dialed-in in the winter can be frustrating.

There is a slow leak in one of my tires. I noticed it last winter but I thought it fixed itself this summer b/c it went away. And now that the weather is cold, it is back again. Seems like 20* is the mark. Strange.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I added some air it did stiffen the ride a little, but it also made the truck feel more stable on the road. I'd rather have better handling and tire life than a cushy ride.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Yeah, I try to keep them at 33psi rear and 34psi front. A nice compromise. Lately I've been filling them all at about 35, though, to keep from having to fill the leaky tire so often.

·
soundman34
2005 Tacoma
148 Posts
Thanks for the reminder! I checked mine and they were 3psi low. I put 34 in the front and 33 in the rear.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I ran my OEM Dueler A/Ts at 31 or 32 psi. The door jamb says 28 psi, but I think that's too low, at least for a 4x4 double cab. It might be fine for a lighter regular cab.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmmm, posted a couple days ago that my truck seemed to be running rough/vibration.
Thought it was an engine thing but now will def check the tire pressure. thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts