Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
NYY 26
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone regrets the color Tacoma they have? When I bought my truck I was so crazy to have it that I didn't want to wait for another color to be delivered to the dealership. There were also 3 or 4 colors that I never saw in person. For whatever reason the dealerships in my area seemed to all have the same colors available. I later saw Indigo Ink Pearl and wish I ordered it.

I do like the color of my truck but if I could go back.....:hammer:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Man, I like the Impulse Red color. It shines up pretty nicely. I wouldn't say I regret it, but I really do like the black color. But, I'm extremely happy with the Speedway Blue. Not too many people have it around town. Not that I've noticed anyway.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
i got the impulse red pearl. i like it and have no major complaits

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
I love the Black Sand Pearl, when its clean. Such a pain in the ass to KEEP clean. I wouldnt change it even if I could.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i wanted the black at first, but i ended up with silver... i see the black ones sometimes and almost wish i would have went with that, but the silver looks clean even when its filthy.

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
I bought a Silver 05 DC 4X4......wanted the indigo ink for starters...but after all the paint chip issues the silver will hide the chips better.........and luckily I don't have any chips as of yet (knock on wood)

:clap:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Do ya'll think the Silver is so popular because of the paint chip issue?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I knew I wanted Speedway blue and I held out. Dealer told me they could pull in a XR in red or black from another state but blue was gonna be hard. I didnt want anything but blue and I am glad I didnt buy any other color

·
MMM TACO
06 Tacoma
581 Posts
05XRunner said:
I knew I wanted Speedway blue and I held out. Dealer told me they could pull in a XR in red or black from another state but blue was gonna be hard. I didnt want anything but blue and I am glad I didnt buy any other color
should have told them youd settle for black if they knocked a couple grand off the price :)

i got black and love it, but i liked all the colors but the dark red and dark blue

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
NO way..I would rather spend the money and get what I wanted...I have seen a Black one just a few days ago sitting at a dealer. I dont like it at all

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
I wish I got the dark blue, but I didn't know it existed when I bought my truck. I see my truck everytime I go out. (Another Silver One) But oh well, it's obviously the most popular because it's a great color. If I were to do it again, I would wait and find the Indigo. However, in 10 years when I am too lazy to wash the truck more than a few times a year, the silver will be looking pretty good.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My first choice would be a graphite gray or charcoal grey but we all know toyota doesn't offer this color so the Burgandy color was my first choice and I still like it.

I went to Home depot the other night and those yellow lights they have in the parking lot makes red vehicles look gray. I really liked how my truck looked gray. Since the paint sucks ass on these trucks I thought about having my neighbor hook me up again with a color change.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
i have the Radiant Red and i love it. :) it closely matches the red on my MR2.

-Mike

·
Registered
342 Posts
No regrets here.. I really wanted an indigo ink or an impulse red. I ended up with an impulse red. I can't wait for summer time (it's cloudy/rainy here all winter) so I can wax and shine and show it off

When I was looking, it seemed like there was a ton of white trucks available..do they not sell? I saw a lot of silver ones too (I thought I wouldn't like them, as I normally don't like silver cars..but the silver tacos do look good).

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
I got the Speedway Blue and think that it may be the most attention getting color available on the Tacomas. It also seems to be rare in my area.

That being said, from what I understand, every vehicle looks the best in a certain color and this differs from model to model and usually the manufacturer will use that color when doing it's advertising. All of Toyota's TV and magazine ads uses the Radiant Red color Tacomas.

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
I wish I could have gotten Phantom Gray Pearl. Toyota failed by not offering that color.
I Agree, if they had that color for Tacomas I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
No regrets. I actually test-drove a red truck and really liked it. My wife loved the red. Enough that we wrote up the purchase paperwork on that truck first. We then learned that the red truck had been sold to someone, and that the owner and her salesman had been looking for the truck to take it back to clean-up. Oops! (The lady was really nice about it though. I apologized for putting miles on her new truck. Haha!)

The second we found that out, I started selling my wife on the silver truck... which is the color I preferred in the beginning. It didn't take long, and we bought it for the same exact price we had already haggled down to on the red one, with the same exact options.

Silver looks best with black wheels. And, eventually... I'm gonna buy me some black wheels! :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts