Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Roxanne is coming up on 50,000 miles and I was wondering what things I should do maintenance wise and also anything to watch out for aka preventative maintenance..

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,771 Posts
Do a transmission flush. If you don't want to do that, just drain the transmission fluid and fill it up with new tranny fluid. You should do it at least three times before you hit 100k miles. I've done it once, and I need to do it the second time. Check the brakes, pads, brake shoe for wear. Coolant level, and check your shocks if there are any leakage. I have a slight leakage but nothing too serious to worry about at the moment.

That's what i've done when I hit my 50k mark. I already went over 70k today.

·
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a transmission flush. If you don't want to do that, just drain the transmission fluid and fill it up with new tranny fluid. You should do it at least three times before you hit 100k miles. I've done it once, and I need to do it the second time. Check the brakes, pads, brake shoe for wear. Coolant level, and check your shocks if there are any leakage. I have a slight leakage but nothing too serious to worry about at the moment.

That's what i've done when I hit my 50k mark. I already went over 70k today.
thanks for the info xpeed..

I did a tranny fluid drain and fill about 5k ago, so I am good on that. Brakes were done about 7k ago. Coolant I will check, and shocks I had the car up on a lift today and checked the shocks, I did not see any massive leaking from the struts. I think one thing I have to do is get an alignment. I havent done that in a LONG time and I read the other day(i think PND5 said it) that an alignment should be done once every 2 yrs or so

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
Power steering fluid, tires? Lube up all the bushings too maybe, check battery voltages.

And just the typical stuff too, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, cabin air filter, etc.

Check spark plugs maybe? Also maybe do seafoam?

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Hey guys, Roxanne is coming up on 50,000 miles and I was wondering what things I should do maintenance wise and also anything to watch out for aka preventative maintenance..
why dont you phone your local Toyota dealer, they have a list for each mileage interval. Am I missing something here?

·
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why dont you phone your local Toyota dealer, they have a list for each mileage interval. Am I missing something here?
Yea because the dealer will tell you to do everything and anything under the sun. I want real world input from owners that have already passed 50k.

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts

I pulled this off alldata for your 05 2AZ-FE

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
those are required maintenance items established by toyota to keep your car running properly which i assume you want to do. dont be cheap and only do selective maintenance. i think toyota knows best of what needs to be done than anyone on here. leave it to them. if youre asking us you dont know.

Yes, I agree.

To the OP, you can get the list from Toyota and then weed out what you can do yourself, such as oil change, filter change, etc. At least you see what Toyota recommends and modify if you wish, but not recommended it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts