Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am new with the toyota product... i have a 1987 pick up 4wd 22r carb.... i am putting a motor in it... i changed oil pan gaskit, timing job all them gaskits.. valve cover gaskits... put new clutch in it ... put a toyota oil filter.. what some other things i can do before i start running this truck?

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
If you havn't done so already, I would put in a front crank seal and oil pump o ring, rear main seal, valve cover grommets, both half moons, new pvc valve and grommet, drive belts, and check the exhaust manifold and gaskets. That was one of their poorer designs to a great motor. The manifold gets heated up and the studs will back out. If they do, I suggest time certs and not heli coil. Eventually even helicoils will back out.

ok i am new with the toyota product... i have a 1987 pick up 4wd 22r carb.... i am putting a motor in it... i changed oil pan gaskit, timing job all them gaskits.. valve cover gaskits... put new clutch in it ... put a toyota oil filter.. what some other things i can do before i start running this truck?

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
Make sure you don't overtorque the nuts holding the valve cover on.

If you want, you can unplug the coil and turn the motor over a few times to get some oil to the top end and then go for it.

Then readjust the valves once you have gotten it warm and check the timing,

·
Registered
54 Posts
you can also use a PH8A oil filter made for a chevy, it's bigger and allows your 22r to hold 5quarts exactly. more oil means it'll run cooler:smokin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts