Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those that have components in their Gen 5's, where did u guys mount the external crossovers? is there enough room inside the door panels? or is it better to mount them near the kick panels? jus curious cuz my set is coming in the mail soon and need ideas. thanx, y'all!

·
Registered
2005 Camry
172 Posts
My wife won't let me take apart her Camry ;) so I'm not sure where the best place to mount them is however I personally never install them in the door. When I design a system I usually incorporate them into the amp rack where they are easy to get at for adjustments. If that's not feasible I look for a place that stays dry, offers accessibility and is not near any electronics that could possibly cause noise.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Marv said:
My wife won't let me take apart her Camry ;) so I'm not sure where the best place to mount them is however I personally never install them in the door. When I design a system I usually incorporate them into the amp rack where they are easy to get at for adjustments. If that's not feasible I look for a place that stays dry, offers accessibility and is not near any electronics that could possibly cause noise.
thnx, Mr. Marv! I have an Alpine HU that replaces the huge stock HU, so theres lots of space behind the radio now. it is ok to mount them there? or wuld that cause noise?

·
Registered
175 Posts
fredberg said:
for those that have components in their Gen 5's, where did u guys mount the external crossovers? is there enough room inside the door panels? or is it better to mount them near the kick panels? jus curious cuz my set is coming in the mail soon and need ideas. thanx, y'all!
I mounted mines in the door panels.

You can mount them towards the bottom area of the door panel. I screwed it straight into the metal door. Make sure you use shorts screws or else you might screw your window. It's a great place for mounting the crossovers. Just make sure when you place the crossover that the corner is not touching the plastic door panel, because I placed my crossover just a half an inch to the right on my drivers door, and now I have a little bulge and the plastic stretched over the months. It bothers me because, but I'm pretty anal about my car. But people said they cant' really see it only if ther looking for it. Good luck, remember when you installing the components that you still have a 3.5" speaker in the dash. make sure you run new speaker wires, or if you will be reusing the existing stock speaker wire that you must take the output at the deck and not at the speaker on the door. Reason is because there should be a high pass filter somewhere for the 3.5" speaker. good luck and by the way what kind of components are u using?

·
Registered
175 Posts
fredberg said:
thnx, Mr. Marv! I have an Alpine HU that replaces the huge stock HU, so theres lots of space behind the radio now. it is ok to mount them there? or wuld that cause noise?
u could mount them there possibly, but i wouldn't do it just in case there could be a problem with noise. My way of doing things is to do things once and correctly, so that you only have to do it once.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
dr_green said:
u could mount them there possibly, but i wouldn't do it just in case there could be a problem with noise. My way of doing things is to do things once and correctly, so that you only have to do it once.

LOL then you better take those crossovers out of the door and do it correctly the first time...again.

:)

NEVER put your crossovers in the doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts