Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What location can I connect a cable to keep my dash cam always on when especially when the car is off?

Got a cable coming in that connects to a gound and a tied in 10 AMP fuse that needs a place to go. Or should I get a 2 in 1 fuse splitter (not sure what it is called) and run the cable to the main fuse box by the engine and tie the ground in with the factory ground? How would I wire it if I wanted it on ONLY when the ACC is powered? Through the Radio fuse? Always on would be through the horn Fuse?? I'm like %99.92 certain I have it all down as to what I need to do for each application.

The dash cam has a power draw of 5V and 1 amp that uses the cigarette ligter (12v) but it is now occupied with a Adaptor for 4 USB ports since I Uber and Lyft occasionally.

Picture of the cable for the dash cam and 2 in 1 below.

Picture of my main fuse box also below with fuse layout. My finger is pointing to the spares as a reffrence for someone else who needed help

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,489 Posts
You could just wire directly to the battery with an inline fuse. The other would be to find a fused circuit in the fuse panel that is hot and wire to the hot side. You could turn off the unit with the power switch on it if desired.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i see like the ones available for Lexus
Yes. It has a built in motion sensor that only works if it is "always on". The g-shock sensor works if it's powered off as long as the battery has a sufficient charge but it doesn't last long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts