Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
19,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I'm considering purchasing a 2014-16 tC either manual or auto... what should I to look for in these? what are some of the quirks and things you don't like about yours or what goes wrong? thanks! :grin:

·
2,656 Posts
From what I've seen, the 2nd gen tC's are pretty rock solid mechanically.

I've never owned one so I don't know if they have any little quirks like you've asked, but from a dealership standpoint, we never see them come in with any regular issues. They're a good buy. :)

·
19,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they seem to be... only thing I can always find is the 6spd transmission issue, but that's usually with the 2011s and some 2012s. I don't think it recurred after that, maybe a revised clutch and bearing. 🤔

·
2,656 Posts
I've only seen maybe and handful with that issue. I have physically seen one or two confirmed cases but I think a lot of people made a mountain out of a mole hill with that one.... just my opinion. :)

·
19,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looks like I'm getting a Red 2016 tC with the paddle shift automatic so I can paddle shift from 1st to 2nd back and forth while sitting in traffic instead of pushing a clutch in between, lol. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts