Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to posting here. I am considering buying a 2005 Sport edition runner, one owner, a little over 140K. According to carfax it looks like they took reasonable care of it. The dealership did replace the front brakes and resurfaced the rotors. Asking is 10, 500 but I believe they will come down. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2001 Camry
497 Posts
Any particular reason you want a 4Runner? 4Runners have some of the highest resale values of any cars, to the point that it's ridiculous. If you don't really need a 4Runner, perhaps consider a Highlander, with better fuel economy and you should be able to find one cheaper.

One thing to keep in mind is that you can get a new SR5 4x4 for around ~$35K. New cars are rarely a good financial decision, and I will likely never buy another new car in my lifetime, but if I needed a 4Runner (i.e. for towing a boat), I would strongly consider a new one.

·
Rockin' 'Rolla
98 Civic, 04 4Runner
23 Posts
I recently bought a 2004 SR5 V8 for 3,200 with 194,000 I've since spent almost that amount in fixing all the little issues with it and doing preventative maintenance. So it equals up to about book value. 10,500 seems high even for a 4Runner but it is a dealership... I recently was offered a 2010 4Runner for 9,900 with 167,000 with a trade in of my Honda Civic but I declined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts