Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new to the boards.

Basically since school ended in June (I'm 17) I've been looking for a car with the perfect balance of looks, performance, and price. Right now I'm driving a leased 1999 Honda Cr-V, with the lease ending in about 2 weeks.

After spending a few months obsessed over cars like the WRX, rx8, 350z, and is300, I've realized that those are waaaay out of my league for my first car (so did my parents :/). Now my parents have been pressuring me to get a Jetta, Camry, Altima, or RSX. All these cars are nice, but I felt I would regret making a decision on one of these cars.

Well I stumble upon the tc after reading an article about it in the LA times and it intrigues me to the point of looking it up online. I've been researching it all day now, and it seems like a match made in heaven. Not only is it fairly cheap, I can add nifty little options like blue LEDs. Well I got 5000$ in my bank, and my parents said they'll pay the rest for a car that is under 20 grand (ya im lucky and a spoiled, but who doesn't want to be spoiled every once in a while :) ).

Just needed to release some excitement since I think I finally found the "one" so I don't really have a question, but I guess I'll ask this one. Is the tC friendly toward beginner stick shift drivers? Also will my insurance take a quantum leap with this car? I already pay like 300 a month for my insurance when I drive a Crv.

**edit**
whoops edited topic, forgot to mention which car I was considering.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
insurance shouldn't be too bad. I'd say go for it. u obviously like the car, and it really is an amazing car. if it was out back when i got the rsx, i definitely would have gotten one instead of my car.

plus, plenty of aftermarket already, only gonna increase. either way, good luck

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Except for the cool parents part, I am in the same boat.

I have obsessed over the WRX, 350Z, etc., but at the end of the day, car payments, insurance, gas, etc. would have killed me.

Down the road when I make more money and all that fun stuff, I plan on getting something like the Scion with some aftermarket support and all that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went to two dealerships with my dad yesterday to see what they had. The first one we went to had an automatic white tc, everything stock except with added tires and rims. The rims and tires added 2500 to the car, and the sales people were really stupid, and lying out of their asses. The total for the care was around 20,000.

We asked if we could order one, and have the dealership install the accessories that we wanted. They said they couldnt do that (what?) and that the Scion company would get mad at them if they did not put these rims on all their tC's. The dumb sales guy also said that the dealership "specially" tinted the sunroof because they're so nice, lol. The salesman even showed us the "configurator" some computer that goes to the Scion site. Well it was funny because the dumb guy did not even know how to use the "build a Scion" section, and I had to show him how.

Well my dad was really pissed at this guy so we bolted, and went to the other dealership across town. Totally different atmosphere. These guys actually seemed excited we were there, and knew what they were talking about. Well things went well and my dad decided that this was a good car. so we ordered one. For accessories I got a rear lip spoiler, and blue leds. We traded in a 1998 Honda Odyssey for 7000, and managed to get that up to 7500 to get the security system. I chose Flint Mica and Azure Pearl as a backup color(my dad said the dark blue, black, and white colors would be very hard to keep clean). So the total for the car after trade in was around 11,500 including tax, license fee, and etc.

They said the car would be coming in about 2 weeks to 2 months (yowch), and will install the accessories as soon as they get the car. So I'm happy, and my insurance is basically the same price as when I was driving the Cr-V.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah the situation in my family was that the dad drives the odyssey, mom drives the bmw x5 (lol, my mom always gets to drive the nice car), and I drove the Cr-V. So now my dad would drive the Cr-V, but we don't have to trade in the car until we pick up the tC.

Lease goes up on the Cr-V late this month, so I might have to drive the Odyssey to school for a few weeks. Also I think my dad might buy another Scion lol, he really liked the prices of the xA and xB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.