Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
99 Camry, 07 HyHi.
173 Posts
Air pressure on goodyear integrity 225/65R17 ?

I bought a 2007 HiHy a few weeks back and it had 8400 miles..I just did a free tire rotation at a Goodyear dealer ( free with coupon )...He mentioned he filled in 35 psi on all 4 goodyear integrity 225/65R17 tires which is factory installed tires. Is 35 psi the max for a hybrid?

I dont have the manual handy...should be in there but I thought I will check?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tires

From what I just read I think that I would follow the pressure posted on the door plate. I shall lower my pressure to 32. I thought the pressure on the side of the tire was the correct one but I now see it is just the max pressure for the tires.

·
G
4 Posts
2008 Highlander Hybrid Tire Pressure?

This is my first post to this forum. I just got a 2008 HiHy about a month ago and I was wondering what tire pressure are people running? The owners manual recommends 33 psi but I have read other forums about hybrid cars running higher tire pressure to get better gas mileage. For example I have read some posts about some Prius owners running as much as 44F/42R psi where the owner manual only recommends 35 psi?

·
Registered
99 Camry, 07 HyHi.
173 Posts
I had the same question for my 2007 HiHy...It has the factory installed tires.. I have started keeping 40psi as the tire sidewall says 44psi ( cold ). Toyota recommends 32 psi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Funny, I had been wondering the same thing. Mine are all 34-38 PSI ...

Side question: how do you know which tire is which in the on-screen readout? and HOW do they know what the PSI is on any given tire? Some sort of audio frequency, a wire?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run about 36 all around and this has given me decent mileage so far. I would like to go higher and could with in the limits of the tires, but haven't had the time and I don't want to give up a the smooth ride. You can go as high as the side wall pressure, but I would be careful in any conditions other than dry pavement at those pressures as the tires won't react the same.

Here are my approximate mileages

24 - 30mpg in the city
30mpg - @ 55mph
25mpg - @ 70mph

As for which tire pressure is which, I don't think the readout differentiates between the 5 wheels. This is probably true because the Toyota manual suggests rotating the spare in the normal tire rotation, which means that the tpm stems must not be specific. Although maybe there are five sensors on the car to detect the 5 individuals wheel pressure. Anyone with a lot of time on their hands pull the spare off and move it away from the car and then read the display. Then try a mounted tire. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spare Tire - come with a "cover" ?

Did your spare tire for your 2008 HiHy have any sort of "cover" in the wheel well of the spare? or is it only the Spare Tire & Rim?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone out there buy a 2008 HiHy and have any sort of an "insert" in the spare tire's wheel well under the vehicle? (Our's is just the full spare tire and aluminum rim.) Went to the parts dept. and there is clearly one available. Just wondering if there was supposed to be one INCLUDED in the sale of the vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks ... I went to a dealership and looked at a couple on the lot. None of them come standard with a "cover" or well-insert ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spare cover Details

I have a 08 Highlander and was disappointed to see that there is no cover for spare. My 06 has a very nice black cover.

What are details on 08 cover at the parts department? expensive?

·
Registered
15 Posts
New Rims?

Im looking to get some new rims. I have the HiHy Limited with the 19" rims on it. I want to upgrade to a different set but dont know what specifications I need to stay with..Like offset and stuff like that. What tire sizes do I need to stick with to keep my MPG readings accurate..I just need as much advice as I can get really. Thanks :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Everyone. The Toyota OEM tire cover (2pieces) is available from Motorworld toyota parts for about $350. install is easy and it really cleans up the undercarriage from behind. Shame it was not even on option on purchase. I understand it is Std in mexico............go figure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Winter/snow Tires

Now that autumn is upon us, I am thinking about getting winter tires for my 08HIHY. Does anyone have them? If so, are they matched to the specs of the 19" wheel? Also, has anyone purchased winter rims?
thanks
Chimera

·
Registered
5 Posts
Winter Tires

Hi,
Last year fitted Toyo Observe G-02 plus winter tires to my 06. Excellent in wet and snow. Comparisons between winter tires is difficult - most people just rave about going from all-season to winters. I used www.tirerack.com reviews and have used Toyos on 2 vehicles. Had a big storm last year about 15"+ so went out to play, at no time did I have difficulty. Had the opportunity to throw the vehicle around at about 80kph on wide empty snow covered roads, the ABS/ESC is amazing, I couldn't get it to spin, power on or brakes on, just took a wider arc never lost control.
Rims - I just used (not the cheapest) steels and put on wheel trims from CTire, looks fine. I'm on 18's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now that autumn is upon us, I am thinking about getting winter tires for my 08HIHY. Does anyone have them? If so, are they matched to the specs of the 19" wheel? Also, has anyone purchased winter rims?
thanks
Chimera
As of last year there were no 19" rims to fit (steel) if you use the stock rims then you'll be fine. I don't know if they've come out with winter rims yet.

41 - 60 of 408 Posts