Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my phone from a Droid-X to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and have now discovered that of my 600+ contacts, only 191 will sync.

I've also found that the DELETE button under CONTACTS is grayed out at all times so I'm unable to delete any or all of the contacts and get a fresh start.

I've checked my contacts, they are the same as they were in the DROID, 50% are in my corporate Outlook account and the other 50% are in Google. The ones that do sync make no sense at all vs the ones that get skipped.

For instance I have 4 entries to my local news stations (I shoot video) and of the 4 only 1 displays which makes no sense.

Has anyone else observed this behaviour from their system when using the Galaxy?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look for comas

I had the same issue except it was my son's contact that would not come through. I found that if you have a coma anywhere in the contact it will not be synced. When I typed his address I did it by using comas not using the drop down on the web interface. You can test this deleting everything for a contact that does not appear except for a phone number. Force a sync and it should work. It did for me and I have the same phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same issue except it was my son's contact that would not come through. I found that if you have a coma anywhere in the contact it will not be synced. When I typed his address I did it by using comas not using the drop down on the web interface. You can test this deleting everything for a contact that does not appear except for a phone number. Force a sync and it should work. It did for me and I have the same phone.
Thanks for the tip, I backed up my contact list with the exception of 3 names of which 2 already worked and 1 that didn't.

I looked at each in the Comma Delimited File that I exported to and they are all exactly the same, they are corporate contacts from our outlook server so the information with the exception of the persons name is the same. They each have a column that is last name, first in format with the comma, outlook forces that for formatting.

Upon sync, didn't make a difference, the same name still doesn't populate on the head unit. what I find more disturbing is that the JBL Sat/Nav also doesn't give me the option to delete anything, the delete key remains gray.

Thanks again for the suggestion though, I'm thinking this may be an issue that Toyota will need to fix since it worked with 1 phone and not the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went 1 step farther, took my old Droid, powered it up and obviously the number is dead but the phone and it's contacts are still intact, turned on the Bluetooth, did a discovery and sync to the car and voila all my contacts imported so there is def something different between the way the Galaxy and the 2 year old Droid-X work with the JBL Sat/Nav .. odd that a new phone works worse than the old one.

The DELETE numbers in Phonebook option is also grayed out though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the 2013 Camry and I can sync my Galaxy S3 Contacts with it, no problem. When I place a call, it tells me the Contact I'm calling. However, when they call me, only their number is displayed and not the Contacts name. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts