Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, new guy here. I've been wanting a Tacoma for a long time now and have finally found one to my liking. It is an '04 TRD 4x4. It has about 46k miles and is absolutely gorgeous. This will be my first one so I'm not too familiar w/ them, but when I popped the hood, amidst the immaculate engine I spotted what seemed to be a rusted header. Is this typical on Tacomas, even that new?

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Yes, it is perfectly normal for the cast maifolds to rust up. They start rusting as soon as they roll off the produciton line. It doesn't matter though, those maniflods will still be around long after the body and frame rust away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, thanks for the quick response. I like these forums already! Thanks for the info too, that was pretty much the "make or break" for me now that I know the facts...can't wait =)

·
Registered
2004 Tacoma 4Door
89 Posts
Take it for a drive and use www.Carfax.com ... If all looks good and it runs fine, go for it... I'm luvin mine every day... BTW: This is my first TACO as well... The only thing I regret, is waiting soo long to get one...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stormin said:
Take it for a drive and use www.Carfax.com ... If all looks good and it runs fine, go for it... I'm luvin mine every day... BTW: This is my first TACO as well... The only thing I regret, is waiting soo long to get one...
Everything checked out great...so I got it and am loving it. -heh, I regret waiting this long myself:disappoin

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Good to hear! I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...oh I definitely am! I was wondering if you could put decals/stickers on the rear window-the middle part that slides. Will it scrape the decal/sticker when you open it? Sorry, random question.

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
I've got a sticker there and it's holding up fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts