Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 limited Avalon. Recently when I grasp the door handle (carrying the smart key in my pocket), the car starts beeping continuously until I enter the car and close the door. Does anyone know the reason?

Thanks.

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
Do you have another keyfob in the car already? What you're describing is what I hear when I take the keyfob out of the car while the engine is running. If it continues you might want to have the dealership take a look (a listen?) at it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Are you inadvertently pressing the black button while you're grabbing the door handle?

·
Avalon Enthusiast
05Avalon, 03Mustang
1,171 Posts
The text below was copied from the '05 Avalon factory service manual. Perhaps one of the listed scenarios is applicable.

When any of the situations below occur, the smart key system causes Certification
ECU to sound the buzzer in the combination meter and the wireless door lock
beeper, and illuminate the smart key system warning light in order to the alert the
driver.
• An exit warning if the shift lever is in a position other than “P” and the power
source is a mode other than “OFF”.
• An exit warning if the shift lever is in “P” and the power source is a mode other
than “OFF”.
• A warning if the occupant leaves with the Smartkey while the engine is on.
• A warning if the engine switch is operated while the Smartkey is outside the actuation area.
• A warning if the entry lock is operated while the Smartkey is inside the vehicle.
• A warning if the Smartkey battery is weak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts