Toyota Nation Forum banner

converting 2wd front to 4wd fenders and grill

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ocb_dave_ocb 
#1 · (Edited)
what parts do i need and is it a direct bolt on? ive been told it is and it would seem like it is but im not sure. i plan on a 4 inch spindle lift and putting 31x10.50's on it. im curious if the 4x4 fenders allow more clearence.if not ill probabally do it anyways because i like the beefier look. im assuming the fender wells would need to be modified also . i know i would need the fenders bumpers valance and the corner lights but what else is entailed? i know its been done and posed on but im too lazy to look.

#2 ·
subliminaltrips said:
what parts do i need and is it a direct bolt on? ive been told it is and it would seem like it is but im not sure. i plan on a 4 inch spindle lift and putting 31x10.50's on it. im curious if the 4x4 fenders allow more clearence.if not ill probabally do it anyways because i like the beefier look. im assuming the fender wells would need to be modified also . i know i would need the fenders bumpers valance and the corner lights but what else is entailed? i know its been done and posed on but im too lazy to look.
The 4x4 fenders are wider so you will have more clearance I think maybe an inch or two, i have 4x4 fender and a 2x4 I will measure them tomorrow if i can remember.. The fender wells Will be fine, but your plastics wont work, they arent wide enough, You dont actually have to have the bumper/valance UNLESS you want them... ALL that is needed for the fenders IS:
Fenders, Corner Lights, 4x4 Plastics

No mods, it will all bolt right on... GOOD luck man and have fun.... AND AS ALWAYS we NEED PICS

#3 ·
right on dave, i appreciate it. alot of the lo lo's have the 4x4 fenders because they have more room too. i want to lift mine because i already have a lowrider and i like to go in the woods. and for all you 4x4 guys i know i know whats the point right? i plan on buying a winch.plus 2wds are faster off road if set up correctly.i can get the fenders from a local slavage yard for next to nothing, once i get 350 bux im getting lift spindles and after that im going tire shopping. anybody know of a good deal on 31/10.50/15 tires?

#4 ·
Man There is nothing wrong with a lifted 2x4 either, If you look at most of the trucks with 10" + of lift, they are 2wd because they cant get a 4x4 shaft....lol I used to have a 4x4 they are nice to take in the woods, but I would definatley have a winch before I started any major wheeling in a 2wd....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.