Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
that vid was floating around here a few months ago. good vid though.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
These guys are lucky thay they didn't kill anyone.

But goddamn that looks like fun! My favorite part is when they jump it like a Monster Truck onto cars.
Reminds me of when I was younger (and dumber). Whenever any of our cars/trucks were on the way out we'd beat the crap out of them all day and then limp down to the local junk yard with flat tires, broken axles and not single piece of glass in tact. $50 if you could drive it there yourself!

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Ahh, memories of being younger. One of my buddies in HS had an old dodge dart that we used to take out into hay fields and purposely run over hay bails trying to flip it. :whatwhat:

Good times.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
DCab4X407 said:
lol, that was cool, maybe il put the motor in my supra and do that, its a busted down peice of crap :)
No way! Fix it!! lol

Our Tacomas would easily outbeat that Cherokee :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DCab4X407 said:
lol, that was cool, maybe il put the motor in my supra and do that, its a busted down peice of crap :)
I had a red 84 and loved it. Bought it for 2500$ drove it like I stole it for year and sold it for 2600$

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that_guy_trav said:
how did he re-inflate his tire that way? I mean I saw what he did but how did it work?
I would have to say that it was something like starter fluid that he used and once lignited it expanded and the gasses created infalted the tire?

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
that_guy_trav said:
how did he re-inflate his tire that way? I mean I saw what he did but how did it work?
It should work with most flammable liquids. Liquids expand a lot more when in the gas state (burned)

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
Ignited starter fluid uses mucho Oxygen......the fire's source of energy. the fluid was squirted on the bead and inside the rim.... once the fire started, oxygen was forced into the tire, feeding the fire, which sealed it to the rim.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
russ25nys said:
I would have to say that it was something like starter fluid that he used and once lignited it expanded and the gasses created infalted the tire?

Lighter fluid, aerosol hair spray, even a small amount of gas will work. That's how a lot of people reseat beads without a high power air compressor on the trail.

I saw a special a few years ago on an arctic expedition that did that. Just pops the tires out enough to hold air so a compressor can fill it up. Fast and easy!

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Now that was a good time :thumbup: !!!! Dam, I miss havin real fun. :lol: Never to my new Taco but now I really want a beater. Just can't have fun like that any more. :sosad:

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,711 Posts
The tire trick is an old timers trick. I saw a guy do it once and it freaked me out! He had a can of what looked like lighter fluid and boom, seated it right on the rim!

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
The tests that Top Gear put an old Hilux through were ALOT tougher than that and it survived:)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts