Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found these pics on another board where people were debating the quality of the tacoma. If its good enough to be shipped over to Afghanistan to be used by special ops that says alot.

Here is mine.

·
Glockaholic...
180 Posts
Those pics have been around for a while but always good to see.
S-10's won't cut it there. Great pics!
BTW is that a Steyr?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im no expert but those look pretty fake to me. I doubt the government would buy imports for the military.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pics are real. Spec Ops would stand out like a sore thumb in a ford or chevy over there. Also reg. colors for the same reasons. There are also some pics floating around of some of those Tacos after they got back with some battle damage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe its just me, but those guys look a lot more like contractors, i.e. "Hired Guns" than Military. Yes, the camo can be confusing, but look at the choices in weaponry, last time I looked, those rifles aren't in the armory. That would also explain why the vehicles aren't camo colored. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those pics are the real deal. I have a nephew who was Special Ops in Afganistan and he told me of a dealer in North Carolina who filled an order for 175 units to ship over, this was after admiring my '04 TRD. He said the seating was a little cramped for the full field gear they carried but the Toys would 'go anywhere and last forever'!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts