Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '09 'Rolla S is rapidly approaching 70,000 miles and I think it's about time to flush the cooling system before winter sets in. I was wondering if anybody has done this themselves and the degree of difficulty for someone who is minimumly mechanically inclined.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
I haven't done it on the corolla yet, but on all my other vehicles it turned out to be a not complicated but longer process of disconnecting rad hose to drain, reconnect rad hose, fill with water to rinse out old coolant, then get the water up to temp so the thermostat opens, drain, reconnect rad hose, then start adding new coolant until the mixture is correct.

Many shops have a machine that pumps in new while pumping out old. I may go that route this time as its a bit of a hassle.

·
Registered
629 Posts
the way i did it on my other cars (should be same on the corolla) get the car warm (temp gauge in the middle) shut the car off, open the drain plug on the radiator letting the coolant out, close drain plug, add distilled water into the radiator, start car, open drain plug turn the heater on full blast and keep pouring distilled water into the radiator until just water comes out of the drain plug then pour in the coolant comes out from the drain plug then close drain plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts