Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
イリジウム
11,758 Posts
You might want to try cleaning it up with a wire brush/wheel and reseal with a new gasket or RTV. I’d change the rad cap and get a constant tension hose clamp instead of that worm-gear.

Looks like a nut on there is missing and got a universal coolant in there?

·
short-throw dipstick
5,934 Posts
You might want to try cleaning it up with a wire brush/wheel and reseal with a new gasket or RTV. I’d change the rad cap and get a constant tension hose clamp instead of that worm-gear.

In addition to the missing nut, I think those nuts are supposed to have washers under them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Are you talking about the the clamp on the rad hose or on the smaller hose?

What do you mean by “got a universal coolant in there”? Confused 😞
Also what type of RTV should I use?

·
イリジウム
11,758 Posts
I’m talking about the large clamp on the radiator hose. The current worm gear clamp can loose tension and have leaks. But if it’s sealing now just keep it.

The factory style constant tension type, or the springy type, maintains the right amount of tension without cutting into the hose.

The dried crust around there looks more like the yellow-green universal coolant like a Prestone All-Makes. Members reported those work fine. But many here tend to use Zerex Asian, about $13 a gallon at Walmart, pre-mixed.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
778 Posts
OP,
Same 3VZ-FE engine as my '93. The part is called the "water inlet". The cap is a "water inlet cap", available on Ebay. It is different from a Camry radiator cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts