Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2013 Camry XLE 4 cylinder. What is the OEM coolant for a flush and fill? The manual states “Super long life coolant”. Would that be red or pink and does it matter?
Thanks!

·
イリジウム
14,271 Posts
Aisin ACT002 "Pink" Super Long Life (SLL). $13.62 premixed gallon. Local parts store may have the Pentofrost A4. That will work too.

Yes, the same for your other 2008 Corolla.

And use the 5% off discount code if you buy from rockauto, scroll to the newest post:

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is my first car with the pink stuff and the 50/50 formula changes things. It's not really convenient to FLUSH with water the way we used to do. The reason being the new coolant is already reduced to 50/50 and if there's water in the system, short of getting ALL the water out, the refill will be less than 50% coolant. I think the dealer if necessary, will flush with coolant instead of water since they have the machine to do it.

I have a 2013 and I just drained and refilled the radiator and plan on doing that every couple of years to stay ahead of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my first car with the pink stuff and the 50/50 formula changes things. It's not really convenient to FLUSH with water the way we used to do. The reason being the new coolant is already reduced to 50/50 and if there's water in the system, short of getting ALL the water out, the refill will be less than 50% coolant. I think the dealer if necessary, will flush with coolant instead of water since they have the machine to do it.

I have a 2013 and I just drained and refilled the radiator and plan on doing that every couple of years to stay ahead of it.
I’ll do the same. Haven’t drained and refilled my 2013 yet. I’ve got about 50K on it.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,769 Posts
Toyota pink only IMO. I've had 7 Toyotas since 2006 and never once had a coolant issue, thermostat issue, heater core issue, or even a hose issue. I'm old school, I tried to replace the hoses in my 06 Tacoma and was told "no one changes hoses unless they get damaged in a collision".

Put Prestone or Dexcool in that thing and watch it rot out from the inside like all of my vehicles did when I was growing up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Toyota pink only IMO. I've had 7 Toyotas since 2006 and never once had a coolant issue, thermostat issue, heater core issue, or even a hose issue. I'm old school, I tried to replace the hoses in my 06 Tacoma and was told "no one changes hoses unless they get damaged in a collision".

Put Prestone or Dexcool in that thing and watch it rot out from the inside like all of my vehicles did when I was growing up!
Replaced both my 2008 Corolla and 2013 Camry with Toyota pink. Now, I'm trying to figure out the best way to replace the transmission fluid in the 2013 Camry 4 cylinder. The Corolla was a breeze.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE
23 Posts
Replaced both my 2008 Corolla and 2013 Camry with Toyota pink. Now, I'm trying to figure out the best way to replace the transmission fluid in the 2013 Camry 4 cylinder. The Corolla was a breeze.
I recommend you have it done at your local Toyota dealer for piece of mind. That’s where I had mine done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recommend you have it done at your local Toyota dealer for piece of mind. That’s where I had mine done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do! I'll check in it. I've got about 50K on my Camry. Wasn't sure when the transmission fluid change should be done since I plan on driving it a long time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Coolant is rated for 5 years as per Toyota owner's manual. That is for the Pink Super Long Life Coolant as per the owner's manual for my 2016 Camry.
I had it done at a Toyota dealership using their machine for this.

My owner's manual does not list changing the transmission fluid, just checking it at 100K miles.
My own system is that I had it changed at 60K miles and may do it every 30K miles thereafter.
For transmission change, I had full exchange of the fluid done at a Toyota dealership.

Other vehicles, I did these things myself.
For the coolant, I was just lazy and if I still have the vehicle in 5 years, I will be lazy about that again.
For the transmission, this vehicle is super sensitive on fluid level, super small margin for error, so I left it to the dealership to do for $200.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Coolant is rated for 5 years as per Toyota owner's manual. That is for the Pink Super Long Life Coolant as per the owner's manual for my 2016 Camry.
I had it done at a Toyota dealership using their machine for this.

My owner's manual does not list changing the transmission fluid, just checking it at 100K miles.
My own system is that I had it changed at 60K miles and may do it every 30K miles thereafter.
For transmission change, I had full exchange of the fluid done at a Toyota dealership.

Other vehicles, I did these things myself.
For the coolant, I was just lazy and if I still have the vehicle in 5 years, I will be lazy about that again.
For the transmission, this vehicle is super sensitive on fluid level, super small margin for error, so I left it to the dealership to do for $200.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts