Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Camry XLE V6 with a coolant overflow problem. I drove abut 10 miles and put it in the garage. When I got out, I heard coolant gurgling. I popped the hood and saw that coolant had filled the reservoir and then blown out the end of the tube. When I pulled the cap off the reservoir, I noticed that there was no tube from the cap going down to the bottom of the reservoir. Could that be the problem? Does that mean there is no way for the cooling system to suck coolant back in?

·
イリジウム
13,514 Posts
If your reservoir is the type with the overflow hose going to the reservoir cap and there is no hose going down, then you're right, the coolant isn't going back into the radiator. And that's not good for the head gasket and water pump seal, among other things like aluminum cylinder heads.

Squeeze the upper rad hose. Does it feel empty?

I have a 93 Camry XLE V6 with a coolant overflow problem. I drove abut 10 miles and put it in the garage. When I got out, I heard coolant gurgling. I popped the hood and saw that coolant had filled the reservoir and then blown out the end of the tube. When I pulled the cap off the reservoir, I noticed that there was no tube from the cap going down to the bottom of the reservoir. Could that be the problem? Does that mean there is no way for the cooling system to suck coolant back in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts