Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I notice if I drive the vehicle hard, I would smell "coolant". Although it is not leaking, I have found the smell to be below the EGR cooler. You guys can check it out if you find the coolant smell to be the same spot or not.

·
Registered
524 Posts
How many miles on your car? I noticed this smell a few times when the car was new but after around 5k it seemed to go away.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this smell ever since new. Read here on the forum people are having the same problem. So I had suggested taking a sniff below the EGR cooler to see if they notice the same.

·
Registered
19 Camry XSE, 19 Highlander LE Plus
35 Posts
it’s noticeable in both of mine. Seems like it’s more noticeable from the driver side, but then again I’m always on the driver side. Where is the egr cooler?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used to notice it but not anymore. I was wondering if some coolant was spilled during assembly and now it has been burnt off. I don't notice any coolant loss or leaks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to notice it but not anymore. I was wondering if some coolant was spilled during assembly and now it has been burnt off. I don't notice any coolant loss or leaks.
Did you try to sniff below the EGR pipe that is connected to the intake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts