Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. first of all, sorry for my english. my english is not enough. i have a corolla 2000 (1.4 vvt-i) i live in a small district and there is not a toyota service station here. I purchased an airbag. I learned that the information of the airbag brain (or the airbag sensor) have to be updated. Nobody knows it here. I want to learn where the airbag brain placed in the car. I think i will need two other front sensors. I dont know where these sensors, too. Somebody said that these front sensors are behind the bumber. My car had a crash from the right side(from the right wheel) I want to learn if these front sensors may crashed or not. Do anybody have any picture that shows the position of the airbag brain and the front sensors. This very important for me. Thanks alot..

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Don't now for sure.

Which airbags want off, both of the front?

Does the car have side airbags, did these go off.

Does the car have seat belt pretensioner devices that apply tension to the belt in an accident? Try to get the seat belt to retract, if it will not retract anymore the car has these.

The front of the car may have one airbag sensor on each lower side. These will need to replaced if the front airbags activated.

If the car has pretension devices that activated these will need to be replaced. They are part of the seat belt retraction system located lower center door column area.

The lower side of the door center column may have the side impact airbag sensors.

The airbag brain may be under the front or rear of the center console. It would be labeled SRS, airbag or something to let any looking know it was part of the airbag system.

For starters you will need to replace the sensors and airbags for any system that was used. This being front airbags (and sensors). If the side airbags want off then the side airbag (and sensor). And the pretensioner(s) if activated (shoud use the front sensor).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I think I have to replace the front sensors. As you said, i tried to get the seat beld to recract and it doesn't work. My seat belts need to be changed i think. I will take my car to a big district.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts