Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
It's been 2 weeks they just got started by disassembling the spoiler,and emblems, it's a full body paint with all dents removed, car has to look like brand new, same type of paint as the indicated by the manufacturer, plus a set of brand new bronze motegi racing wheels and toyo proxes, as of today none of the parts that I order have arrived, I'm looking also for a special edition steering wheel but is hard to find.

Well I definitely consider this a restoration process even though my car has been taken care of for the past 10 years, I can't describe that special bond, well on the meantime my fun to go over everything has to do as a daily driver my Raptor was at the shop for 2 weeks but the wait was worth it. 馃檪

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #83
More updates :

Reactions: SuperchargedMR2

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #84
got the coconut bump from the roof removed.

Painting my side mirrors as well.

Reactions: gold94corolla

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #85
Car still at the shop, hopefully by next week I will get it back; well my first order finally arrived, arm padded center console ( saw it first time at Jim's Corolla) and the missing molding from a few months back, (they sent me the incorrect one). Still waiting on the brakes :(

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #86
Brake parts starting to arrived, car fully stripped waiting for the oven.

Diehard Rams Fan
Reactions: Corolla trd

Diehard Rams Fan

Diehard Rams Fan

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #92
You found a shop that will do it the right way!!
I can't complain when my Porsche got rear ended they took care of the car and it was almost impossible to track the crash, with the Corolla they had it a few occasions, once, when I got my bumper crush in a parking lot it was a hit and run :mad:, second time to fix a big scratch on the left rear quarter panel done by my daughter, third time to paint the hood, replace roof seals and change the interior trunk carpet, when my daughter got another scratch at the parking lot I took it to a Lexus dealer the work was good.

They told me to make it right has to be done in steps :
1.) Remove all dents
2) Body molding and contour for any areas that dent removal won't be able to flush to the original lines
3) Full disassemble including bumpers, mirrors, windows, seals, door inside moldings as well.
4) Get all panels straight
5) Sand and prepare all previous paint
6) Prime
5) Oven painting 2-3 layers

It helps that my brother in-law works at the body shop, his boss ask him : "Why he is so obsessed with that little car?"
He told him "you will never understand, but he will sell all the other cars, but that one, he will keep till the wheels fall off or the car gets considered total in a crash"

Diehard Rams Fan
I can't complain when my Porsche got rear ended they took care of the car and it was almost impossible to track the crash, with the Corolla they had it a few occasions, once, when I got my bumper crush in a parking lot it was a hit and run :mad:, second time to fix a big scratch on the left rear quarter panel done by my daughter, third time to paint the hood, replace roof seals and change the interior trunk carpet, when my daughter got another scratch at the parking lot I took it to a Lexus dealer the work was good.

They told me to make it right has to be done in steps :
1.) Remove all dents
2) Body molding and contour for any areas that dent removal won't be able to flush to the original lines
3) Full disassemble including bumpers, mirrors, windows, seals, door inside moldings as well.
4) Get all panels straight
5) Sand and prepare all previous paint
6) Prime
5) Oven painting 2-3 layers

It helps that my brother in-law works at the body shop, his boss ask him : "Why he is so obsessed with that little car?"
He told him "you will never understand, but he will sell all the other cars, but that one, he will keep till the wheels fall off or the car gets considered total in a crash"
You and I feel the same way about our Corollas. It's kind of cool that we met up in Miami 5 years ago on that rainy night.

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #94
Almost there !!!!!

Diehard Rams Fan
Get a clear bra on the entire front end after it cures for 30 days. It will stay looking new!

Diehard Rams Fan
Do you remember this day?

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Discussion Starter #97
Reactions: SuperchargedMR2
81 - 100 of 103 Posts