Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, thanks in advance for your patience!

Been having an issue on my gf's 2014 Corolla (Canada) with 60k miles. Here's the info:

1- A/C blows cold (very cold) when temperature is mild
2- A/C not functioning when temperature is warm (above 25C)
3- Refrigerant pressures are ok as per Toyota recommendations (No Leak)
4- The compressor connector (electrical) receives constant 14V with engine ON whether A/C activated or not

I'm starting to question the Evaporator coil thermistor and/or the refrigerant pressure switch being faulty.

I'm not sure if the Solenoid at the compressor (not a conventional clutch-type compressor from my understanding) is a normally open or normally closed solenoid. If it is normally open and the flow is prohibited when it receives voltage, then this would mean a sensor is protecting the system somehow or is faulty.

Anyone have any idea why I can do to rectify this? Should I swap out the thermistor? Pressure switch? Change the compressor? Compressor solenoid? Any bit helps.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

JDF88

·
Registered
30 Posts
Or Maybe you need to check your A/C amplifier(It's under your dashboard, driver side). It should not send 14v when you ac is not active.
you can use the Techstream to check your data list(air conditioner). using this you will find out if you pressure sensor, your ambient temperature sensor, evaporator temperature sensor is functioning. you can also use it to check your regulator control current. it should be 0 if you turn off your ac.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello All,

I'm starting to question the Evaporator coil thermistor and/or the refrigerant pressure switch being faulty.

Kind Regards,

JDF88
I dont think it will be your evaporator coil thermistor as a issue. because this part will only cut off your ac system when the temperature is below 0C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts