Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry for this being my first posting.

I have a 2002 Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVTI T-Spirit with the dreaded intake rattle / noise. I have read on many places that this is a known fault and just wanted some advice on how to fix it.

I have phoned toyota and a replacement part will be 246 quid. I then phoned Toyota HQ GB and asked them if this was a recall. They took down my case, but refused to do anything until I had taken it to Toyota and they had performed a diagnosis on it. So, this angered me somewhat. If I take it to Toyota, they will charge me 76 quid to investigate, then tell me I need a new part. Toyota GB will do nothing and I will end up paying 76 + 246 to get it fixed.

Can anyone on here offer me any advice or help? Is there any way in which I can fix the current intake? Did anyone get Toyota to sort it out for them?

Help, suggestions??

Again, apologies for this being my first post.

Alex

·
Registered
Corolla GT-S
55 Posts
hey man, i know my dad's 2004 corolla was making that weird rattle noise one night so i popped the hood and took out the air filter and shook it a bit thinking there were some leaves or so in it and then put it back in...stopped making it and never had that problem again...shouldnt ur car be still under waranty? y u gotta pay for that? or maybe u can just buy a CAI and never have that prob again...dont really know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts