Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Don't know the real answer. My best guess is that when the HB came out in 2019, it was a new platform comapared to the sedan that a visible separation between the two was wanted, like the web site and brochures. 2020 would be a carry over from 2019.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Originally, both Corolla iM then HB arrived with slightly or totally different configuration than the 11th gen sedan that was beside them. Folding them into 1 brochure would have meant a huge and confusing brochure, especially since they don't necessarily target the exact same customer profile (there is no basic cheaper version wilth old mechanic of the HB vs sedan, for instance). So I guess marketing is the reason they kept different brochures even though it wouldn't be problematic to realize now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't help but notice that among standard multimedia there is both andriod auto and apple carplay???? What's up with that? Does the 2020 HB have andriod auto? The 2020 sedan brochure does not list both. I mean even the 2020 yaris sedan brochure list both AA AND ACP.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,940 Posts
I can't help but notice that among standard multimedia there is both andriod auto and apple carplay???? What's up with that? Does the 2020 HB have andriod auto? The 2020 sedan brochure does not list both. I mean even the 2020 yaris sedan brochure list both AA AND ACP.
2020 corolla sedan does not have it because of the time it was released. The 2020 corolla sedan came out early 2019 while the 2020 hatchback and yaris was released in fall 2019. 2021 corolla sedan will have it. If the 2020 sedan came out the same time the hatchback came out in fall 2019 then it would of had android auto. Though we are all anticipating an update since toyota did release an update for carplay for the 2018 camry/sienna and lexus vehicles with the updated infotainment system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2020 corolla sedan does not have it because of the time it was released. The 2020 corolla sedan came out early 2019 while the 2020 hatchback and yaris was released in fall 2019. 2021 corolla sedan will have it. If the 2020 sedan came out the same time the hatchback came out in fall 2019 then it would of had android auto. Though we are all anticipating an update since toyota did release an update for carplay for the 2018 camry/sienna and lexus vehicles with the updated infotainment system.
Okay. So more than likely there will be an update and it does not have to be hardwired into the system?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just wondering out of boredom: why is it that the HB has a separate brochure to itself ? Toyota PDF Brochure
Because being a different body style is a big enough difference to justify it.

Maybe, also, because Toyota figures the traditional sedan buyer and the likely HB buyers are not interested in cross-shopping.
I know for us, we knew that we wanted a HB. Corolla sedan has been around forever.....and we knew we definitely don't care to consider the sedan.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,339 Posts
I would think it's because when the 2019 HB came out the sedan was still the 11th Gen. When the 12th Gen sedan came out it was easier to just keep the same brochure for the HB and have a separate one for the new 2020 12th Gen Corolla sedan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was told by my dealer that there was no current availability of AA for the 2019 HB.
They also said that there may be an update available at a future date.

Exco

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.