Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
fx16 gts and a p71
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought this car about a year and a half ago and started driving her today. the trans is messed up some how. when you drive it shifts into 2nd gear then has next to no acceleration. if you floor it it revs up to 7-8k then goes back down to 2-3. im not 100% sure its 2nd or 3rd gear or both, but i want to know what i can do to fix this. i really would rather put a 5spd in but i would need to acquire one first. after the car is drivin for about 20 mins or so it shifts badly and the problem is slightly less but still there. can anyone help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
do a tranny fluid change/filter change. or hell just check too see how much fluid is in there.
Sounds like the torque converter isnt doing its job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
check the color of your trans fluid. If it is dark, smells burnt or has metal shaving that are apparent then don't be surprised if flushing the system and doing a filter change doesn't work, and very possibly could make things worse. if any of those conditions are apparent then start thinking about a new trans or rebuilding.

·
Registered
fx16 gts and a p71
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the color is a lighter brown and it doesnt smell burnt. but ive noticed that if i shift for the car from low to 2nd to drive and it seems to work a little bit better. not much tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts