Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what everyone's take on the E210's security system is. I have just gotten mine a few weeks ago and I just caught someone at my driveway looking at the car at midnight, acting sketchy before driving away.
My XSE is the first car I have with an alarm system.

I figured i would ask you all, is the alarm system loud enough on this car? Am I correct in remembering there is a gps tracking function through the S.O.S. subscription?

I wonder if it being a 6Speed manual is that enticing--or maybe they just want the catalytic converter.

:mad:

Registered
馃懡 AP3X e210 (m20a-fks) *6mt*馃挴
I am curious what everyone's take on the E210's security system is. I have just gotten mine a few weeks ago and I just caught someone at my driveway looking at the car at midnight, acting sketchy before driving away.
My XSE is the first car I have with an alarm system.

I figured i would ask you all, is the alarm system loud enough on this car? Am I correct in remembering there is a gps tracking function through the S.O.S. subscription?

I wonder if it being a 6Speed manual is that enticing--or maybe they just want the catalytic converter.

:mad:
I believe it's just the horn that will beep & and if they want the actual catalytic converter they'll have to try pretty hard given it's part of the header right next to the manifold.

Manual trans is a deterrent I would guess, out of everyone at the dealer I got my car from, they had to get the "old timer" sales guy who I buy from to move my car around.... no one else could drive stick lol

• Haha
Reactions: voodoo22

Registered
You can also switch your key fobs to Power Saving Mode, especially the unused one.. This prevents your fob from sending or receiving radio waves, to help keep your vehicle from being electronically accessed by thieves when parked outside.

Quick Key Fob Tips - Heffner Toyota
I might be wrong but I think that just disables power to that fob, if you use another (spare) the car will still light up in proximity.

19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd

Registered
Yes the SOS(Safety Connect) service has GPS tracking. But it鈥檚 only for when you hit the button I believe. Remote Connect(same service that gives you remote start, door lock/unlock, and other things) you can track the car directly in the app. It updates every time the car is parked.

And actually you would be wrong about the manual. It鈥檚 significantly more of a deterrent than an incentive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it's just the horn that will beep & and if they want the actual catalytic converter they'll have to try pretty hard given it's part of the header right next to the manifold.

Manual trans is a deterrent I would guess, out of everyone at the dealer I got my car from, they had to get the "old timer" sales guy who I buy from to move my car around.... no one else could drive stick lol
Thanks for the info. Good to hear the location of the cat is a little bit of a pain to access then--it helps a little bit.

And yeah everyone at the dealership was surprised I was after the one stick they had on the lot 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes the SOS(Safety Connect) service has GPS tracking. But it鈥檚 only for when you hit the button I believe. Remote Connect(same service that gives you remote start, door lock/unlock, and other things) you can track the car directly in the app. It updates every time the car is parked.

And actually you would be wrong about the manual. It鈥檚 significantly more of a deterrent than an incentive.
I accidentally hit the SOS button when I first got it, but I fIgured I would leave it on and just keep the subscirption for a few months lol

Registered
Thanks for the info. Good to hear the location of the cat is a little bit of a pain to access then--it helps a little bit.

And yeah everyone at the dealership was surprised I was after the one stick they had on the lot 馃槄
The car sits quite low as well. Just park beside SUVs and I'm pretty confident even if a thief is thin enough to slide under your car, they'll choose the cat on the SUV. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The car sits quite low as well. Just park beside SUVs and I'm pretty confident even if a thief is thin enough to slide under your car, they'll choose the cat on the SUV. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I figured they would obviously go for easier targets--but still a target lol. Just wonder if maybe they thought it was a hybrid or something

Registered
Yeah I figured they would obviously go for easier targets--but still a target lol. Just wonder if maybe they thought it was a hybrid or something
Just get an "E-Vehicle" sticker or one of those GV (green vehicle) plates - that'll deter them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.