Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted or can point me in the right direction to change the color of the gauge cluster lighting as well as the clock and hvac?

I’m not a fan of the blue color and my eyes have a hard time focusing on it. Thanks

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,237 Posts
With led lighting these days it's too bad that all interior lights can't be selected from a choice of colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With led lighting these days it's too bad that all interior lights can't be selected from a choice of colors.
Right it would be nice!

Do you think it’s literally just bulbs that need to be replaced?

I only ask because the clock and hvac screen seem like they arnt illuminated by a bulb but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I suspect it is because Toyota knows that some people are idiots and giving the LEDs RGB capability some people will choose a dark color that they can't even see and when they crash they would sue Toyota.

The main thing you you would want to find out is if they are bulbs, LED bulbs, or soldered LEDs. If you know how to solder on circuits then you can choose any LED color you want. If you don't, I don't suggest doing it. I'd be a bit interested in changing the light colors on my dash for my 08 Camry but I rather not solder. I believe someone on the Gen 5/6 Camry topic who have done something like this.

Found it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Vangm25
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing