Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Toyota. But do i spend my 23g's on a Matrix base, with some options or do i do the Coralla with more options. Any advice on what to do. Room isn't important, i am going for the look not the power of vehicle. The better on gas the better i will be commuting. If anyone has mileage for a tweaked Corolla let me in on , k. Thanks.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
"The better on gas the better i will be commuting."

The answer is Corolla then. The Matrix base has the same engine but is heavier. The Corolla will get 38+ mpg highway driving.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i used to be all into matrix but i got me a ROLLA cuz they are lighter, less expensive and faster. (XRS..same engine, less weight=faster). I am a young guy so I looked more into a sporty car. Matrix is sporty but I fell in love with the XRS. Its better gas than the Matrix too ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I'm in love with my 86 Nova (Corolla) so I'll recommend the Corolla too!!

Dont' get me wrong, the Matrix is a nice car, butI think the latest wagon trend is going to die off within the next few years or so....just my .02 cents

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
If you are getting a high performance one then go with Corolla XRS. It is way faster than the heavy and bloated Matrix XRS. Otherwise, if you like more space and do a lot of hauling then Matrix wins over Corolla. Corolla gives better gas mileage and Matrix base models (XR and base 4wd) are heavy and have poor acceleration as compared to normal Corollas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im a proud owner of 2005 Toyota Corrolla S, And if your going for looks, Go with the S. Mine is pretty much stock with Charcoal Black interior, with chrome trim. Indigo ink on the outside. I wish i opted for the spoiler though, looks like it needs on. Mines got an AT cuz the wife cant drive a stick but I avg. about.. 36 mpg. Super sweet ride. And whether you like room or not, it has ton... The trunk is huge. So bottom line...
GO WITH THE ROLLA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The matrix is cool..but I like our o4 corolla S..Tons of room...we recently had a baby boy and confort was needed considering My car 02 Eclipse....Nice but not a lot of babyseat room...The Matrix Is played out...go with the Rolla...nice Pick up on acc. and The S comes with a bodykit...Sweet:lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
ROLLA all the way. I love my Rolla, so much fun, plus I think it will be easier to steer, if you want to make some turns. Drop it though, cause otherwise the car looks like a jeep. Two inch drop would do just fine. That's what I did, it looks better too. Especially if you get the S or XRS then it will look even better with the drop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How come nobody likes Matrix>
I just bought mine two days ago 05 XRS Indigo Ink.
We just had a baby boy and I needed some room. Matrix is the good choice for that, you can even sleep inside completely flat that is awesome.
I had a hard time choosing between the two but decided to go with Matrix. Yes it is heavier than Corolla but it gives you some room and it looks awesome even w/out mods on it.

So I say go with Corolla XRS if you dont need room but want some speed although I dont think Corolla can beat Matrix:lol:

IMO I like the front look of Matrix better than Corollas

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Family guys choose the wagon, younger guys choose the sedans. :thumbup: :D

:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
First thing, your Matrix looks awesome. I think they really made it awesome with the new lower valence and body kit. Secondly, yes Corolla XRS is way faster than the Matrix XRS ( even the previous generation 180 HP XRS becuase of the sheer torque difference). Corolla XRS 0-60 is 7 secs while the Matrix XRS (180HP) was 7.5 secs and the current generation Matrix XRS with 170 HP has 8 secs 0-60 (source: Car and driver). Not to mention Corolla weighs almost 200 pounds less than either version of Matrix XRS.

kortik said:
How come nobody likes Matrix>
So I say go with Corolla XRS if you dont need room but want some speed although I dont think Corolla can beat Matrix:lol:

IMO I like the front look of Matrix better than Corollas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i test drove both the Corolla XRand the Matrix XR. Not only was the Matrix more comfortable ride, the jam was very similar and the room was way more advantageous. I am putting an offer on a 2005 Matrix as we speak. We will see how it goes.

Does anyone think the Corolla driver arm rests are insufficient thus making it uncomfortable driving experience?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts