Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Just want to ask if someone in this forum has the factory specs of a toyota 4K (1300 ,carbed) engine:

Valve lash clearance (hot and cold), Contact point clearance, spark plug clearance

Also if you have information on:

Main bearing clearance, piston to bore clearance, piston ring clearance, cylinder head-bolt torque values and cylinder head-bolt tightening order.

I am going to over-haul my engine and I need the above specs.

Thanks a lot guys,
Rey

·
Registered
1988 AE80 Corolla
44 Posts
As I happen to own/drive/dare I say love one of these lil things, Ill help the best I can...

Main bearing clearance:
Number of main bearings:5
End float taken at:Number 3 main bearing
Desirable end float:0.040-0.242mm
Maximum end float:0.03mm
Main bearing taper or ovality:0.01mm
Main bearing journal diameter- standard:49.976-50.00mm
Main bearing oil clearance:
desirable:0.016-0.040mm
wear limit:0.10mm

piston to bore clearance:
piston diameter - standard:74.96-75.01mm
piston skirt to cylinder clearance - standard:0.03-0.05mm

piston ring clearance:
Ring End Gap: Top compression ring 0.10-0.28mm
Lower compression Ring:0.15-0.30mm
Oil ring:0.2-0.7mm
Ring clearance in groove:
Top compression ring:0.03mm-0.07mm
Lower compression ring:0.09-0.06mm

cylinder head-bolt torque values: 66Nm

cylinder head-bolt tightening order:looking down on it, looks like a rectangle with 10 bolts, kinda like this (wont be a perfect drawing, but) Tighten in numerical order:
(8) (6) (1) (3) (9)
(10) (4) (2) (5) (7)
The 8 valves in groups of two will be on the 10,4,2,5,7 numbered bolts side(if that helps ur orientation :S )

Valve lash clearance (hot and cold) (is valve clearance the same? this is all i could find):
Valve clearance(hot):
Intake:0.20mm
Exhaust:0.30mm

Contact point clearance (contact breaker gap?): 0.45mm

spark plug clearance:0.8mm

Hope this helps you, and good luck!
Cheers
DRaKeN

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Draken,

Wow you saved me a lot of box! I owe you one, if you need info on computers, just e-mail me : [email protected] or [email protected].

Can you give me a conversion for MM to INChes?

Do you think TOP overhaul is a good option next to overhauling if I still lack money for a complete overhaul?

Thanks,
Rey

·
Registered
1988 AE80 Corolla
44 Posts
Ummmmm MM to inches...ahhh One inch equals 25.4MM...so if you can go from there, you're on your way... :D (Use of a calculator is recommended!!!!)

No probs dude...if you need me... [email protected] or [email protected]

I dunno what you mean when you said "saved me a lot of box!"......buuuuuuuuut I'll take it as a good thing yes? ;P

Overhauls? I'd say talk to a mechanic and discuss budget, intentions for motor etc...and find what works for both parties....

Cheers
DRaKeN

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Draken,

What I mean about box (bucks) is money. A toyota manual is so expensive and no company here in my country sells it.

You know, I've tested the spark plug specs (in what you sent) and the engine gives me much better torque now. I'll be adjusting the valve clearance this coming weekend to test if it would perform much better. If it does, I can delay the engine overhaul until I get the money for a complete overhaul.

One thing that bother's me is the right front break caliper: Whenever I pressed the break pedal, I noticed that it takes the caliper 30 seconds to return back to the original position. As a result : a sticky break which gives the engine a heavy labor. Any ideas friend?

Rey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts