Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the TPMS module is located on the corollas and what wires you need to splice to bypass the system? Ive seen videos on fj's and 4runners and the wires are different colors and im not sure where the TPMS computer is on the corolla.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think it is integrated with the door lock system and is hidden under the C pillar plastic on the right side.
But it depends if you have the smart key system or not.
My daughters car has a problem with the door locks not working from the key remote and TPMS light being on. It points to this unit, although I have not had a chance to work on her car yet

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just leave it alone until you're ready to fix it right. It will cost $$$ . In the mean time, use a tire gauge like we did for the last 100 years.
Yes, they are not cheap & probably need programming and the remote lock/open isn't getting fixed.
Could be a simple broken wire or fuse or poor connection.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Does anyone know where the TPMS module is located on the corollas and what wires you need to splice to bypass the system? Ive seen videos on fj's and 4runners and the wires are different colors and im not sure where the TPMS computer is on the corolla.
Why mess with it?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
16,119 Posts

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
I mean it can only help provide you information. It doesn't harm anything having it.
There's no harm having TPMS. The issue is knowing it's there and because they know it's there they hate it. They hate it because it may light up. They hate it because of costs. They hate it because they have a tire pressure gauge and don't need no sensor!

Just ask apparently all Tacoma owners. It's stupid to hate it. It's stupid to modify it because they hate it.

OP is never coming back.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
There's no harm having TPMS. The issue is knowing it's there and because they know it's there they hate it. They hate it because it may light up. They hate it because of costs. They hate it because they have a tire pressure gauge and don't need no sensor!

Just ask apparently all Tacoma owners. It's stupid to hate it. It's stupid to modify it because they hate it.

OP is never coming back.
I have a tire pressure gauge too and I check them regularly but if I pick up a nail or screw on a road trip in can be great to know if that light comes on! No such thing as too much information in this case.

Reactions: Vangm25

·
Registered
146 Posts
mine is always on and its just some beautiful flashing light(and beeping?) every time I start the car. I heard the best way to bypass it is to throw a pressurized can in the trunk, with the sensors in it, to fool the system into thinking the pressure is equal in all tires.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
mine is always on and its just some beautiful flashing light(and beeping?) every time I start the car. I heard the best way to bypass it is to throw a pressurized can in the trunk, with the sensors in it, to fool the system into thinking the pressure is equal in all tires.
Why not just replace the faulty sensor? I just replaced all 4 of them on my wife's Prius as 2 of them had a low battery. I figured the others would also be low soon enough so I just replaced them all and she is good to go for another 10 years!

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
Why not just replace the faulty sensor? I just replaced all 4 of them on my wife's Prius as 2 of them had a low battery. I figured the others would also be low soon enough so I just replaced them all and she is good to go for another 10 years!
It's too easy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts